Translation of a Birth Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
demari18
Elite
Elite

Translation of a Birth Record

Post by demari18 »

record-image-2.jpg

I recently found a birth record for a Luigi DeTora. From what I can figure out his father was Ignazio DeTora and therefore not my husband's relative but I do see the name Andrea DeTora near the bottom of the record. I am wondering what it says in that part of the document. When we visited Italy last year and met relatives of Andrea DeTora they told us that the DeTora name was Marchese. Would that have anything to do with that part of the document? Thank you - DeMari
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Translation of a Birth Record

Post by adelfio »

That Andrea DeTora age 37 farm hand witnessed the birth record and did not sign because he could not write

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
demari18
Elite
Elite

Post by demari18 »

Thanks so much Marty - Do you know anything about why the family said something about Marchese? Thanks, DeMari
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Theres no Marchese listed on this record

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty