1883 Atti di Morte - Sebastiano Capizzi

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
malsbury
Rookie
Rookie

1883 Atti di Morte - Sebastiano Capizzi

Post by malsbury »

I have tracked down the 1883 death notice for Sebastiano Capizzi (#72) but am having a little trouble with the handwriting:

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,244347901

It looks like that Filippo Mosca (his in-law) is mentioned as one of the witnesses. Any help with translating the details of Sebastiano's life and death and the role Filippo played would be great.

Thanks.

-Thomas
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: 1883 Atti di Morte - Sebastiano Capizzi

Post by Tessa78 »

First let me say that witness Filippo Mosca is not identified as a relative in the record.
Be careful not to assume relationships. Very often there were many persons with the same name in a town because of Italian naming traditions.

Dated 13 Deptember 1883 at 9 AM
This Sebastiano Capizzi was a child of 9 months, son of Michele, and of Maria Colletti

T.
malsbury
Rookie
Rookie

Post by malsbury »

Understood. I was more pointing out that I noticed a familiar name and wanted to get the details of the witness to compare with the Filippo Mosca I already knew about.

Looks like it is back to the indexes for me. I'll try and vet the records a little better next time before getting excited and posting a link.

Thanks for the help.

-Thomas
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

malsbury wrote:Understood. I was more pointing out that I noticed a familiar name and wanted to get the details of the witness to compare with the Filippo Mosca I already knew about.

Looks like it is back to the indexes for me. I'll try and vet the records a little better next time before getting excited and posting a link.

Thanks for the help.

-Thomas
Do not omit posting some records for expediency... you may miss something.
We have no problem translating records that do not turn out to be ancestors. It is all part of the process :-)

T.