Cutera/ Capataci ? Corleone

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
figaro66
Rookie
Rookie

Cutera/ Capataci ? Corleone

Post by figaro66 »

Need help in Translating Cutrera & Capataci marriage 1690? Thanks in Advance. 2nd on right... https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,351341001
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Cutera/ Capataci ? Corleone

Post by erudita74 »

Dated March 28, 1696
Banns of marriage were on the 23rd, 25th, and 27th and resulted in no impediments to the marriage.
Groom: Giuseppe Cutrara (this is the way his surname is spelled in the record). He was the widower of deceased Giuseppe Cutrara.
Bride: Anna Capataci, widow of deceased Gaetano Capataci
No parents' names given for either of the spouses and no maiden names for the females are given.
Witnesses: Clerico Cosmo Graziano and Giuseppe Canali alias Vaccaro (I can't explain why this witness's surname is written this way)

Erudita
figaro66
Rookie
Rookie

Post by figaro66 »

Thank you Erudita appreciate it, So what I will do is look for a Marriage for Giuseppe Cutrera marriage to Giuseppe. And the marriage record for Geatani Capataci marriage to Anna. These two had children together, They are my 6th great grandparents. Interesting. Again thanks, Back to the books I go. :)
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

figaro66 wrote:Thank you Erudita appreciate it, So what I will do is look for a Marriage for Giuseppe Cutrera marriage to Giuseppe. And the marriage record for Geatani Capataci marriage to Anna. These two had children together, They are my 6th great grandparents. Interesting. Again thanks, Back to the books I go. :)

I meant to type Giuseppa and not Giuseppe for Cutrara's wife's first name. Yes, you need to find their marriage and the marriage of Gaetano Capataci to an Anna.

As always, happy to help.
Erudita
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

The marriage date is 1690...
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Thanks for catching my typo, Livio. Certainly the year is very clear in the record.
Erudita