Promise of Marriage Record, Translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
JOHN08
Master
Master

Promise of Marriage Record, Translation

Post by JOHN08 »

My translation of this Promise of Marriage record, dated 13 May 1821 in Atri.

Atannasio Cervone, age: 22, profession: tailor, living: Atri, son of Giovannantonio: deceased, profession: property owner, lived: Atri.

Teresa Frattone, living: Atri, age: 22, widow of Domenic Parente ???, daughter of Fedele: deceased, profession: carpenter, lived: Atri, also daughter of Geltruda Acquaviva: deceased, lived: Atri.

I see the name "Salvatori" noted in this record, but I do not know what the name refers to? It is just before the age listed for Teresa.

Any additions/corrections are appreciated.

John

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... 196100.jpg
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Promise of Marriage Record, Translation

Post by erudita74 »

JOHN08 wrote:My translation of this Promise of Marriage record, dated 13 May 1821 in Atri.

Atannasio Cervone, age: 22, profession: tailor, living: Atri, son of Giovannantonio: deceased, profession: property owner, lived: Atri.

Teresa Frattone, living: Atri, age: 22, widow of Domenic Parente yes daughter of Fedele: deceased, profession: carpenter, lived: Atri, also daughter of Geltruda Acquaviva: deceased, lived: Atri.

I see the name "Salvatori" noted in this record, but I do not know what the name refers to? It is just before the age listed for Teresa.

Any additions/corrections are appreciated.

John

Possibly via Salvatori; I see that Salvatori is a surname in the town, so it's possible there was a street in the town named for a family there with that surname. I can't find it though as a current street name in the town. The position of this info in the record leads me to believe it was a location within the town of Atri

Erudita

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... 196100.jpg
JOHN08
Master
Master

Post by JOHN08 »

Erudita,

That makes sense: via Salvatori. I just wanted to make sure. Thank you; enjoy your Thanksgiving Day!

Regards,

John
JOHN08
Master
Master

Post by JOHN08 »

I found the marriage record for Attannasio Cervone and Maria Antonio Salvatore:

7 Jun 1821, Atri, Teramo, Attansio Cervone, age: 22 - elder, born: Atri, profession: tailor, living: Atri, son of Giovannantonio - deceased, profession: property owner, lived: Atri, also son of Teresa Frattone, living: Atri.

Maria Antonio Salvatore, widow of Domenico Para...?, age: 22 - elder, born: Atri, daughter of Fedele - deceased, profession: carpenter, lived: Atri, also daughter of Geltruda Acquaviva - deceased, lived: Atri.

This marriage records has the names of married couple: Attannasio Cervone and Maria Antonio Salvatore. This does agree with the Promise of Marriage record that I first posted. I am going to record the information from the marriage record into my genealogy software, RootsMagic.

Appreciate any inputs.

John

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... 8c28a5.jpg
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

JOHN08 wrote:I found the marriage record for Attannasio Cervone and Maria Antonio Salvatore:

7 Jun 1821, Atri, Teramo, Attansio Cervone, age: 22 - elder, born: Atri, profession: tailor, living: Atri, son of Giovannantonio - deceased, profession: property owner, lived: Atri, also son of Teresa Frattone, living: Atri.

Maria Antonia Salvatore, widow of Domenico Parente, age: 22 - elder, born: Atri, daughter of Fedele - deceased, profession: carpenter, lived: Atri, also daughter of Geltrude Acquaviva - deceased, lived: Atri.

This marriage records has the names of married couple: Attannasio Cervone and Maria Antonia Salvatore. This does agree with the Promise of Marriage record that I first posted. I am going to record the information from the marriage record into my genealogy software, RootsMagic.

Appreciate any inputs.

John

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... 8c28a5.jpg