1873 Marriage record #40

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Haztek
Master
Master

1873 Marriage record #40

Post by Haztek »

Day 11 of September 1873, Francesco ?, Acting Mayor of the Comune of Cervinara, District of Avellino, Province of Principato Ultra, appeared Signor Nicola Mazzariello, age 36, and
Girolamo Piccolo, age 23, profession of possidente, who presented Michele Casale, age 24, celibe, profession of contadino, born and living in Cervinara, son of Domenico, profession of contadino, and the deceased Francesca Cioffi, AND Clementia Lengua, age 21, contadina, nubile, born and living in Cervinara, daughter of Andrea and Domenica D'Alessio.

Looking for the actual date of the marriage, the official's last name, and any corrections.
Thanks, Jerry

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz18 ... 32c903.jpg
http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz18 ... 19ad14.jpg
Researching Crispino, Simeone, Cillo, & Girardi in Rotondi & Cervinara. Malvuccio, Lo Grande, Astone, & Munforti in Raccuja.
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: 1873 Marriage record #40

Post by erudita74 »

Jerry
My suggestion is that you look at the records which preceded and followed this one for the acting official's surname. More than likely the same person would be on those other records and hopefully the name on one of those is clearer. Even check the signatures on those records which might help clarify his surname.
Erudita
Haztek
Master
Master

Re: 1873 Marriage record #40

Post by Haztek »

Thank you Erudita. Yes, I will do that the next time I go to the FHC. Also, I want to see if I can capture a better image.
jerry
Researching Crispino, Simeone, Cillo, & Girardi in Rotondi & Cervinara. Malvuccio, Lo Grande, Astone, & Munforti in Raccuja.