Death record of Rosa Cappiello

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
misschristi16
Master
Master

Death record of Rosa Cappiello

Post by misschristi16 »

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1,53913701

Any help in translation would be appreciated. Record #75, Rosa Cappiello

Thank you so much!
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Death record of Rosa Cappiello

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Death Record No 75
Recorded on 25 October 1862, 4 pm before the Mayor Vito Santoro of Rapone.
Domenico Ciampa, son of the late Giovanni, 60, farmer, living in Rapone at Strada Santa Sofia and
Nicola di Paolo, son of the late Michelangelo, 40, ?, living in Rapone at Strada Suddetta reported that on the day 24 October at 11 pm Rosa Cappiello, aged 2 years, ragazza – female child, died in Rapone. She was the daughter of Francescantonio, farmer and Angela Ciampa, both living in Rapone.
Angela :)

I'll find out what the occupation for Nicola di Paolo is and come back.

I am sure the word is Simile – akin, similar. I think that in the context of this Death Record it means that he had a similar profession to Domenico so he was also a farmer. I'm sure some one will either confirm or negate this if I have this incorrect. Either way I am interested for myself also.
arturo.c
Veteran
Veteran

Post by arturo.c »

AngelaGrace56 wrote:I am sure the word is Simile – akin, similar. I think that in the context of this Death Record it means that he had a similar profession to Domenico so he was also a farmer. I'm sure some one will either confirm or negate this if I have this incorrect. Either way I am interested for myself also.
"Simile" in this context means "same occupation" (as with "strada suddetta" which means "same street as above"),
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

arturo.c wrote:
AngelaGrace56 wrote:I am sure the word is Simile – akin, similar. I think that in the context of this Death Record it means that he had a similar profession to Domenico so he was also a farmer. I'm sure some one will either confirm or negate this if I have this incorrect. Either way I am interested for myself also.
"Simile" in this context means "same occupation" (as with "strada suddetta" which means "same street as above"),
Wonderful! Thank you for confirming this.
Angela :D