One more that I need translated please

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
silhouettecutter

One more that I need translated please

Post by silhouettecutter »

I'm not even sure what kind of document this is?
Any help would be appreciated.
Pam
Attachments
Arratacuneo2.jpg
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: One more that I need translated please

Post by erudita74 »

I've never before seen a parish document like this one. It states that the present register contains 34 acts of birth and baptism in the Parish of Orero, Sant'Ambrogio, beginning with the act for Giuseppe Antonio Cuneo dated Jan 8th and ending with the act for Luigi(?) Arata dated Dec 8th, 1840. This document is dated in the parish on Dec 31, 1840.

To me, this document seems to mirror the civil personnel closing out their registers at the end of a particular year for a particular type of record. There is no useful genealogical info given in this record.

Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

I meant to add that the document also states that a copy of this document, and the ones described in it, were being sent to the diocese.

Just so you know, prior to 1917, it was at the discretion of the local parish as to whether or not it sent copies of its documents to the diocese. Therefore, if a parish was ultimately destroyed by a natural disaster such as a flood or earthquake, the records which it housed would then be lost as well, and it would not not be possible to get a copy of a particular record for an ancestor from that particular diocese. In this case, however, it appears that copies were sent to the diocese by this parish.

Erudita
silhouettecutter

Post by silhouettecutter »

Thank you very much!
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

You're very welcome.
Erudita