Allegati records for Maria Giovanna Ciampa

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
misschristi16
Master
Master

Allegati records for Maria Giovanna Ciampa

Post by misschristi16 »

Any help in translating this record would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1,52205002
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Allegati records for Maria Giovanna Ciampa

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Just quick interpretations/translations here:

BIRTH ACT NO 57: VITO NICOLA TUMMILLO
Lodivico Tummillo, son of the late Pietro, 33, farmer, living Rapone, presented a male born to his wife Beatrice Pinto, age 28, living with him. Born the same day at 4 am and given the name Vito Nicola.

Right Side: Baptism No 57
20 August 1835, parish of Rapone.
Vito Nicola Tummillo received the Sacrament of Baptism

BIRTH ACT NO 62: MARIA GIOVANNA CIAMPO
Nicola Ciampo, son of Antonio, aged 24, farmer, living in Rapone, presented a female born to his wife living with him, Rosa Luongo, 24, on 6 October 1842, 8 am

Baptism Details on Right Side: No 62.
Maria Giovanna Ciampo received the Sacrament of Baptism on 7 October 1842, parish of Rapone.

EXTRACT OF NOTIFICATION (Marriage Bann) No 7
29 June 1861, 4 pm
Groom: Vitonicola Tummillo, Single (celibe), 26, farmer, living Rapone, son of the late Lodovico, and son of Beatrice Pinto, living in Rapone

Bride: Maria Giovanna Ciampo, single (nubile), 19, daughter of Nicola, farmer, living in Rapone, and Rosa Luongo, living with her husband.

ESTRATTO DI MORTE (DEATH EXTRACT)
NO 60: Lodovico Tummillo
Registered 5 September 1854, 2 pm, Rapone
Lodovico Tummillo died on 4 September, 4 pm, aged 52, colono (farmer), living in Rapone, son of the late Pietro and the late Rosanna Marotta. He was the husband of Beatrice Pinto.

Death No 1: PIETRO TUMMILLO
Dated 7 January 1811, 9 pm Rapone
Pietro Tummillo, 39, farmer, born and living Rapone, husband of Rosanna Marotta, farmer, living Strada Dietro
(Someone else might like to fill in the gaps here as I haven't got the time to decipher some of the tricky script here.)

(copy) ATTO DI SOLENNE PROMESSA DI MATRIMONIO (ACT OF SOLEMN PROMISE TO MARRY): NO 9
Dated 4 August 1861, 1 pm, Rapone

Groom: Vitonicola Tummillo, single (celibe), 26, born and living in Rapone, contadino (peasant farmer), son of the late Lodovico, and son of Beatrice Pinto living in Rapone.

Bride: Maria Giovanna Ciampo, single (nubile), age 19, born and living in Rapone, daughter of Nicola, (contadino) peasant farmer, living in Rapone, and of Rosa Luongo, living with husband.

Then the allegati is listed as follows:

1. Birth Act of the groom
2. Birth Act of the bride
3. Extract of notification (which was posted on the door of the town hall)
4. Death Act of father of groom
5. Death Act of paternal grandfather of groom

6. This basically says that consent was given by the parent of the groom and the parents of the bride.

The marriage took place on 18 August at the town parish church.

Angela
misschristi16
Master
Master

Post by misschristi16 »

Thank you so much Angela! I know these records are longer, and I appreciate it greatly! Thanks again
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Death No 1: PIETRO TUMMILLO
Pietro Tummillo, 39, farmer, born and living Rapone, husband of Rosanna Marotta, farmer, living Strada Dietro il forno

The rest of the script has to do with the town officials executing article 77 of the civil code. The body was transferred after they affirmed that the individual was indeed deceased, and also affirmed that the witnesses recognized the cadaver, and they authorized the parish priest to bury the deceased after the space of 24 hours.

Erudita
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

erudita74 wrote:Death No 1: PIETRO TUMMILLO
Pietro Tummillo, 39, farmer, born and living Rapone, husband of Rosanna Marotta, farmer, living Strada Dietro il forno

Erudita
Thank you Erudita. I was wondering what that word was. Street behind the oven?

I wasn't understanding when the actual death occurred. Is there anything else important in this Death Extract that I have missed. I was really tired and the script was a bit of a struggle.
(It's been a BIG week.) Angela :)
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Angela
I edited my reply above to include an interpretation of the rest of the script. I don't think you saw it.
Erudita
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

misschristi16 wrote:Thank you so much Angela! I know these records are longer, and I appreciate it greatly! Thanks again
You are very welcome misschristi. Glad I could help :D
Angela
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

erudita74 wrote:Angela
I edited my reply above to include an interpretation of the rest of the script. I don't think you saw it.
Erudita
No, I hadn't seen it. Thank you for doing this and for drawing my attention to it. Cadaver? I've never heard this word before even though I've read many medical reports in my past life. It is a medical word for deceased used when the body needs to be dissected????
Angela
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Angela
Cadaver- is just a corpse-dead body.

Have to run. Have some classes this afternoon.

Erudita
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Whoops, my head thought "corpse" but my fingers typed "deceased". Enjoy your classes Erudita.
Angela
misschristi16
Master
Master

Post by misschristi16 »

Thank you! So happy that you help us all out. It is greatly appreciated!
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

misschristi16 wrote:Thank you! So happy that you help us all out. It is greatly appreciated!
YES! Thank you Erudita. I certainly value your expertise, encouragement and empowerment.
Bless you Erudita.
Angela