Translate, pse, last 3 stone lines

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
montanajj2002

Translate, pse, last 3 stone lines

Post by montanajj2002 »

Could some please translate the last 3 lines on the tombstone for Constantino Ottolino?
Attachments
Constantino Tombstone.jpg
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Translate, pse, last 3 stone lines

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

A Ricordo
La Moglie e Figlio
Posero

In memory
The Wife and Son
placed

Here is Costantino's Birth Record:

Birth Record No 247: Costantino Ottolino
Registered 10 July 1897, 8.30, Triggiano
Born: 8 July 1897, 3 am, Via San Martino, no number mentioned
Parents: Elena Rubino, daughter of the late Nicola, donna di casa (housewife), wife of Vincenzo Ottolino, son of the late Vito Michele, contadino (farmer), living together in this town. The male baby was presented and given the name Constantino. Vincenzo didn't report the birth of the child, he was away working.

Side note: On 15 January 1921? married with Maria Lagioia in Triggiano

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

It is a lovely headstone. I just need to check on the spelling of Maria Lagioia and will come back if it is different. It looks like Layioia but it is actually Lagioia so have edited it.
Angela :D
Attachments
Birth Constantino Ottolino di Nicola Ottolino e Elena Rubino.jpg
montanajj2002

Post by montanajj2002 »

Thanks again so very much for the information on the headstone, AND additional on the marriage to Maria Lagioia... I am not sure if you all like photo's, but here is the wedding picture of Constantino Ottolino and his wife, Maria.
The birth information is most helpful for the 'tree' I am working on, and confirms Constantino indeed is a brother to Michele Ottolino!
Much Thanks..
Attachments
Constantino,Maria wed - Copy.jpg
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

montanajj2002 wrote:Thanks again so very much for the information on the headstone, AND additional on the marriage to Maria Lagioia... I am not sure if you all like photo's, but here is the wedding picture of Constantino Ottolino and his wife, Maria.
The birth information is most helpful for the 'tree' I am working on, and confirms Constantino indeed is a brother to Michele Ottolino!
Much Thanks..
Well I for one definitely love photos so thank you for posting this one. It is really precious to have this and it is quite interesting that the couple are holding hands. I don't think I've every noticed this before on wedding photos of this era - or maybe it is just photos that I have seen? I know they seldom smiled in their photos.

I read your other post. We won't be able to find this one for you because they are not yet on line. You will have to write to the address posted on that thread for you. Anyways, I thought that you might probably be wanting more details about Maria Lagioia so I have just had a quick look and found her birth record. The only catch is that I can't read her mother's name right now. Usually if I go away for an hour and come back to it the penny drops. I'll post the record in a minute and hopefully one of the other volunteers may be able to help you.
Angela :)
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Birth Record Maria Lagioia

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Birth Record No 106: Maria Lagioia
Registered 26 February 1899, 10.20 am, Triggiano
Born: 24 February 1899, 10 am at a house in ?
Father: Vincenzo Lagioia, son of the late Francesco, 41, peasant farmer, living in this town
Mother: ?(Possibly Gaetana Ardito?? - not sure - it is a surname in the town), daughter of the late Michele, wife of Vincenzo Lagioia, housewife

Side note: On 16 January 1921, marries with Constantino Ottolini in Triggiano

Mother's name is Gaetana Nitti.

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Attachments
Maria Lagioia di Vincenzo Lagioia Birth 1899.jpg
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Here is the marriage of Vincenzo Lagioia and Gaetana Nitti http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Date of Marriage 1890, Dec 6.
Vincenzo was 33yo a peasant farmer, son of deceased Francesco and of Carmela Carnomeo(?)
Gaetana was 15yo, housewife, born in Bari, daughter of late Michele and Maria Triggiano
montanajj2002

Post by montanajj2002 »

Thanks, Angela Grace, and I am glad you liked the photo! Me too, she looks scared to death, but sweet as can be... Great to have Maria's information to add to records... everything is wonderful, and MUCH Thanks!

Thanks to you also, livio... everyone's input is great to have!

I am sure glad you put a bit of translation with some words, or I really would be at a loss!

This is a Great group, and you are all wonderful!!!
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

montanajj2002 wrote:Thanks, Angela Grace, and I am glad you liked the photo! Me too, she looks scared to death, but sweet as can be... Great to have Maria's information to add to records... everything is wonderful, and MUCH Thanks!
You are very welcome for the help. I was happy to do this and I have enjoyed our interactions on the forum and our pms. I agree about the photo, as soon as I saw the pic I thought “She looks terrified”. She is very pretty. I wonder if it was an arranged marriage? There are one or two things concerning Constantino and Maria which I am puzzled about and need to research further. I'll get back to you about this but it might have to be in a couple of days or so as I am working or otherwise committed over the next few days. Come back to the forum if you are needing any more help. There are a great bunch of helpful knowledgable people here.
Angela :D