Sicilian Death Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
CaterinaT

Sicilian Death Record

Post by CaterinaT »

Hello,

I am not sure who this death record is for, or what information it contains? Any help would be appreciated!

The second attachment may be a second page for this document, or the marriage bann or baptism announcement I posted earlier???

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide,

Caterina
Attachments
Not sure what this page is from????
Not sure what this page is from????
Death Certificate
Death Certificate
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Sicilian Death Record

Post by adelfio »

First page is the second page to a birth record of the witnesses signing of the birth act
Second page is a death record
Index#182
1855 Oct 3rd in the town of Menfi death of Maria Tasca?? age 75 widow of Vito Triolo daughter of deceased Francesco Tasca?? and Rosa (no last name given)

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Sicilian Death Record

Post by erudita74 »

The bottom page is the death record of Maria Friscia. The top page does not belong with this document. It shows witnesses produced by a person with the surname Caruso.

The death of Maria Friscia took place on Oct 3, 1855. She was age 76 and the widow of Vito Triolo. She had been born in Menfi and was an artisan by occupation who was living in Menfi on via Orfani.
She was the daughter of deceased Francesco (Friscia) and also Rosa (no surname given for her). I cannot determine from the record if Rosa was deceased as well. She could possibly have been in her 90s and still alive when her daughter died.

Erudita