Wondering why I keep seeing francesco fu giuseppe

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
rymini
Rookie
Rookie

Wondering why I keep seeing francesco fu giuseppe

Post by rymini »

Can someone tell me why I keep seeing records from Villa Nova that say Francesco Olivo fu Giuseppe ~ I'd don't know if he had a certain job in the village?
Attachments
wonder why keep seeing francesco fu guiseppe.png
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Wondering why I keep seeing francesco fu giuseppe

Post by erudita74 »

Francesco Olivo fu Giuseppe means that Francesco Olivo was the son of deceased Giuseppe Olivo.

Erudita
rymini
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rymini »

thank you ~ how is it being used in the reference on this page? He is a witness or an official of the town?
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

rymini wrote:thank you ~ how is it being used in the reference on this page? He is a witness or an official of the town?

The infant's father appeared at the town hall to make a statement concerning the birth of his child. Francesco was one of the witnesses present there when he made his statement and, more than likely, did not actually witness the birth. Often witnesses at the town hall just served as witnesses as needed, were paid for their service, and were not in any way related.

Erudita
rymini
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rymini »

Thank you very much ~ I keep seeing him on a ton of documents pertaining to family names. Have a great night!
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

You're very welcome. Have a great evening too.
Erudita