Caterina Sangiovanni Birth Record 1868

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
FMMarotta
Rookie
Rookie

Caterina Sangiovanni Birth Record 1868

Post by FMMarotta »

I found a birth record that might be for my grandmother. I believe she was born is Cesarano, Italy in 1868. I would appreciate it if someone would translate the document and provide me with the information listed on it.

Thank you in advance.

FMM
Attachments
1868CSangiBirth.jpg
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Caterina Sangiovanni Birth Record 1868

Post by Tessa78 »

Dated 26 December 1868 at the town office at 5 PM
Before the official in the Comune of Caiazzo... appeared Salvadore Sangiovanni, son of deceased Angelo, age 47, peasant farmer residing in Caiazzo, contrada Cesarano, to present a female child who he declared was born on day 26 of the month of December of the current year at 2 PM to his wife Matrona Giannelli, daughter of Benedetto, age 40, peasant farmer residing with her husband in Caiazzo contrada Cesarano, that this child was given the name CAATERINA.
Present at this declaration was Giancinto deCarlo, son of deceased Nicola, age 37, servant residing in Caiazzo strada San Francesco; and Luigi Igueglia, son of Domenico, age 36, tailor resiing in Caiazzo strada Masso(?), witnesses to the record of this declaration. After which the official read the record aloud to the participants and entered it into two registers. Only the witnesses and the official signed as Salvadore Sangiovanni was unable.

T.