Help Translating Birth Act

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Help Translating Birth Act

Post by Anizio »

Could anyone give me a hand translating this birth Act?

Its for Filomena Pallotta, daughter of Domenico Pallotta and Maria Maggi.

I'm particularly interested in whether it gives Filomena's grandparents names, birth place, and parents birth places.

Thanks so much!
Attachments
Genealogy Text Question.jpg
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Help Translating Birth Act

Post by liviomoreno »

On March 5 1849, the reverend Don Luigi Baschi baptized a baby female born the day 3 at 7 to Domenico Pallotta son of deceased Luigi "Macerat???" and to Maria Maggi daughter of deceased Venanzio "???" married couple of the S. Francesco parish in Monte Mario, the child was named Filomena Petronilla Teresa.
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Post by Anizio »

Thanks!

Could it be that "Macerat." means that either Domenico or Luigi are from Macerata? Or what looks like "Rma" means that Maria or Venanzio are from Rome?

I am new to Roman church records and this one confuses me :/
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Yes it makes sense. You cannot be 101% certain.
"Rma" could stand for Romana and therefore referred to Maria.
"Macerat." could stand for Maceratensus...
Marcas
Rookie
Rookie
Location: Marche (in picture: the Pope venerates Our Lady of Loreto in the real Loreto, which lies in Marche)

Post by Marcas »

Yes, Pallotta is a common surname in the country of Macerata. Not just the city. In the end, that reference could point to a birthplace somewhere in or near Macerata.
-- Marcas

Expert in Marche region Image
Origins, surnames, emigrations, families, certificates of birth marriage and death...