Ferdinando di Scipio Death

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
mmet67
Rookie
Rookie

Ferdinando di Scipio Death

Post by mmet67 »

Hello. I need help translating this death record please.

https://flic.kr/p/r4pDHD (click on the picture at this link and it gets a lot bigger)

I included the photo here, too.
Ferdinando DiScipio Death.jpg
113yearslater
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Ferdinando di Scipio Death

Post by 113yearslater »

December 28, 1814 (I think, although it seems strange to me that they used printed forms that far back), Ciro Santoro (28 years old) and Domenico Suaro (33 years old), both manual laborers, came in to report that at 10am on that day, Ferdinando di Scipio died at the age of 60. Ferdinando's parents were Berardino di Scipio and Maria or Marta di Simone. He died in his house and was also a manual laborer.
mmet67
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mmet67 »

Thank you.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

113yearslater wrote:December 28, 1814 (I think, although it seems strange to me that they used printed forms that far back), Ciro Santoro (28 years old) and Domenico Suaro (33 years old), both manual laborers, came in to report that at 10am on that day, Ferdinando di Scipio died at the age of 60. Ferdinando's parents were Berardino di Scipio and Maria or Marta di Simone. He died in his house and was also a manual laborer.
From this link at rootsweb...
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~itawg ... cords.html
Modern Italian records were brought about during the Napoleonic era. Record keeping became more standardized through out Italy. You will still find differences in the earlier years. Some may be kept on printed forms and others handwritten. When researching Southern Italy You may find very clear and informative printed records as early as 1809. In the north they will still be hand written until about 1815. But until 1860-70 you will still not find uniformity in record keeping. An exception to the dates above are Bolzano and Trento 16th century to present
T.