1829 Atti di Morte - Vincenzo Mulé

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
malsbury
Rookie
Rookie

1829 Atti di Morte - Vincenzo Mulé

Post by malsbury »

I've attached a scan of Record No. 60 from the 1829 Villalba death records for what I believe to be for Vincenzo Mule', husband of Anna Biondolillo.

Any assistance with the translations of the details would be greatly appreciated. Of specific interest is his age at death, place of birth, parents names and confirmation of marriage to Anna Biondolillo.

Sorry for the image quality. These records were archived two pages to a frame on 16mm films.

-Thomas
Attachments
1466555 - Mule_Vincenzo_Mort_1829.pdf
1829 Atti di Morte #60 - Vincenzo Mulé
(470.59 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: 1829 Atti di Morte - Vincenzo Mulé

Post by Tessa78 »

Dated 29 September 1829 at 10 AM before the official
Appeared Salvadore Trapani 30, peasant; and Giuseppe Maienza, 26, peasant, to declare that on 29 September of the year as above, at 10 AM, died at home Vincenzo Mulè, age 32, husaband of Anna Biondolillo, born in Villalba, son of Stefano, middleclass, resident of Villalba; and of Giuseppa Vilardo, deceased(?)

T.
malsbury
Rookie
Rookie

Post by malsbury »

Tessa -

Thank you for the quick translation. That looks like the Vincenzo I was looking for.

-Thomas
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Thomas
Just to add to T's translation, Vincenzo was a campiere-fieldworker.
Erudita
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

Thomas, Erudita,
"campiere" was not stricly a fieldworker, as I understand this English word.
He rather was a guardian, a man of confidence of the owner, who watched over someone else's properties to prevent damages, thefts, fires:

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campiere
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Thanks, Pippo. I thought it odd that his father was a member of the middle class and that he was a lowly fieldworker. I didn't realize there was a different meaning for this word. Your definition makes more sense in this instance.
Erudita
malsbury
Rookie
Rookie

Post by malsbury »

Pippo & Erudita-

Thank you both for the addition information and then further clarification. Interestingly, the occupation "campiere" was also recorded for the son (Placido Mule') and grandson (also a Vincenzo Mule') of this Vincenzo Mule'.

This may help explain some of the other skilled non-agricultural jobs the Mule' family held such as seamstresses, properties owners, and "crivellatore", which Erudita had explained was a maker of fine mesh sieves or strainers. These other family occupations make a lot more sense if the family was from the middle class and not a "fieldworker / peasant" family as "campiere" had been previously translated.

Thanks again for all the details you are helping me draw out of my family tree.

-Thomas