Need help with 3 lines of translation...English to Italian

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
dangli
Rookie
Rookie

Need help with 3 lines of translation...English to Italian

Post by dangli »

I have three sentences that I need to translate into Italian "legalese". Can anyone assist? I've gotten basic responses from Google Translate, but I'm afraid they might be lacking.

The three English sentences are;

- "Amendment CHILD'S LAST NAME MODIFIED (date) PER LEGAL NAME CHANGE * (child's name)"

- "(date) Amended Box 22 per notarized affidavit and birth certificate"

- "AKA"

Thanks in advance!!!

Dangli
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Re: Need help with 3 lines of translation...English to Itali

Post by Anizio »

If you are translating a letter or thing from English to Italian using google translate I guarantee you've got more errors than just those lines.
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information
dangli
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dangli »

As a matter of fact, everything else was/is fine and passed the Consulate needs...I just needed help with these last amended 3 lines. You comment was neither helpful nor constructive.

Thank you
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Post by Anizio »

It was very helpful, the last person who used translate that then asked for help got ignored after writing letters to Italy because google translate translates literally, but not actual proper language. My comment was a warning. Ignore it if you want.

"aka" if you mean also known as, is alias (yes in Italian) however if you mean a nickname it is soprannome. Without context I couldn't tell you which to use.
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information