Incognito/Veca Marriage 1937 Patti, Messina

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Incognito/Veca Marriage 1937 Patti, Messina

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Hi Everyone:
I finally found a needed record after searching for a long time. It is the marriage between a great uncle and his wife. I have translated as much as I could, but would appreciate some assistance.

Marriage: July 1 1937
Groom: Antonino Incognito, son of Rosario and Carmela Cappadona, both natives of Patti.
Bride: Pietra Vecca, daughter of late Ignazio, age 46, born and is a resident of Patti.

I does mention St. Francesco church in Hoboken, NJ and according to my tree, they were married there July 28, 1912.

Does it say why they are married again in 1937 in Patti? Also mentions a Benedetto Crifo in the document. Does it say how Benedetto is related, since I have Crifo's in my tree, but I do not have Benedetto.

I would appreciate as much translation as possible so that I may understand this record. Thank you in advance for your time with assisting me.

Here is the link:
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,244563201
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Incognito/Veca Marriage 1937 Patti, Messina

Post by liviomoreno »

On July 1 1937, Pietra Veca (only 1 "c"), aged 45, born and residing in Piatti, daughter of deceased Ignazio, requested the of the marriage celebrated July 28 1912 in St. Francesco church in Hoboken, NJ.
Groom: Antonino Incognito, born in Patti, son of Rosario and Carmela Cappadona.
Bride: Pietra Veca, born in Patti, daughter of Ignazio and Febbronia Collone.

Benedetto Crifo was a witness to the record transcription, no relationship is shown to Pietra
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Thank you, Livio. Does this mean, she reported the marriage that took place in Hoboken in 1912 to Italy or did they marry again in Patti in 1937?
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

She presented to the town official in Patti a copy of the marriage certificate from Hoboken. It was then transcribed and inserted into the volume of the allegati in Patti. There was only the marriage in 1912
Erudita

also this was previously posted here

http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/l ... ca#p226458