translation of marriage?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Donnars11

translation of marriage?

Post by Donnars11 »

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

This was found in part 2 of the 1908 Marriages. #6. Could someone tell me the what this is? Is it a second marriage? First? Date of Marriage? Thanks.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: translation of marriage?

Post by liviomoreno »

Date of Marriage: 27 June 1908 5:00pm, in the house located in Piazza del Popolo 9, Castelmauro
Groom: Michele Di Palma, aged 21, shopkeeper, born in Corato living in Castelmauro, son of Vito and Rosa Petrona, both residing in Termoli
Bride: Maria Giuseppina Incoronata Moffa, aged 24, housewife, born in Riccia residing in Castelmauro, daughter of Michele and Teresa Esposito borh residing in Castelmauro.

The marriage was celebrated in the bride's house (instead of the town hall) because the bride suffered by articular rheumatism and could not move. This is the reason why the marriage is recorded in part 2 instead of Part 1.
Donnars11

Re: translation of marriage?

Post by Donnars11 »

Thank you so much. I know you're not a doctor but have you ever heard of this disease before? I wonder if it would be a temporary ailment or chronic. And I wonder if it would preclude them from traveling and having children. Thanks again. Donnars11