Verdelocco/Di Marco marriage names/dates – Tagliacozzo

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
oncemore
Rookie
Rookie

Verdelocco/Di Marco marriage names/dates – Tagliacozzo

Post by oncemore »

Hello!

Thank you for any assistance!!

I’ve managed to pull out (correct me if I’m wrong)

Felicantonio di Marco

Maria Verdelocco

Married 12 Sep 1810.

I need some help with the parents names of the bride and the groom.

Also, are the ages of the parents or the bridge/groom listed?

couldn’t attach, file located at —> https://www.dropbox.com/s/zn549gfiyotv3 ... o.jpg?dl=0
Thanks!
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Verdelocco/Di Marco marriage names/dates – Tagliacozzo

Post by erudita74 »

Groom-age 51
Bride-age38

His parents: deceased Francesco di Marco and deceased Marta(?) Felice di Barnaba (?)
Her parents: Quirico Verdelocco and Innocenza Sciavelli

Marriage publications on Sept 2nd and 9th

Erudita
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

oncemore wrote:Hello!

Thank you for any assistance!!

I’ve managed to pull out (correct me if I’m wrong)

Felicantonio di Marco Felice Antonio (two separate names here), di Marco, age 51, son of the late Francesco di Marco and the late ? Felica di Barnata??? (Can' find this surname at the minute.)

Maria Verdelocco, filatrice (seamstress), 38, daughter of (looks like Quivico??? :? ) Verdelocco and Innocenza Sciavelli (Schiavelli?)

Married 12 Sep 1810. Yes

I need some help with the parents names of the bride and the groom.

Also, are the ages of the parents or the bridge/groom listed? Yes, see above.

couldn’t attach, file located at —> https://www.dropbox.com/s/zn549gfiyotv3 ... o.jpg?dl=0
Thanks!
Felice Antonio (two separate names here)
The banns were posted on 2 September and 9 September.
Maybe someone else can fill in some of the gaps. If you had a link to the actual image that would be helpful, otherwise, if no one else can help to verify/correct, maybe see if you can get a copy of the banns - the names may be clearer there.

Angela :)
oncemore
Rookie
Rookie

Post by oncemore »

Thank you for the responses so far!

Here is a link to the original image ---> http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 8.jpg.html
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Thank you. I've found the banns which are much clearer:

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 8.jpg.html

Angela
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Here's the index. I do think the mother's first name is Marta

Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

I also believe that di Barnaba is correct
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Erudita and I must have been posting at the same time earlier. I agree with Erudita that:
Felice Antonio's mother's surname is di Barnaba (still not sure about the first given name?) and Maria Verdelocco's father's name is Quirico (Quivico doesn't exist). I'm reading Innocenza Scancelli? - not Sciavelli in this record?
Angela
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

erudita74 wrote:I also believe that di Barnaba is correct
Yes, I agree also Erudita. The banns are much clearer and the name di Barnata doesn't seem to exist.
Angela :D
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

erudita74 wrote:http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Here's the index. I do think the mother's first name is Marta

Erudita
Yes, much clearer, I agree. It is definitely Marta. Well done Erudita, I would have never have picked it from the Marriage Record.
oncemore
Rookie
Rookie

Post by oncemore »

Thank you soo much to everyone who took a look!
I've improved, but I still have a very long way to go in reading the handwriting.

Also: I've never utilized the banns before.. Are they common?? What information is 'standard' in them?
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Post by Anizio »

there will always be Bans, but generally if you have access to the marriage itself and the allegati/processetti then the bans are of 3rd importance and likely wont contain anything you didn't get in the first two records.
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

the bride's mother's surname-
In the marriage record, I read Sciavelli, as I stated above. In the index for the marriage record, I see Schiavelli, which is current in the Italian white pages. In the marriage publication, I see Scancelli, which is what Angela said.

BTW, they were all living in Villa San Sebastiano -a frazione or hamlet of the town of Tagliacozzo.

Erudita
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

oncemore wrote:Thank you soo much to everyone who took a look!
I've improved, but I still have a very long way to go in reading the handwriting.

Also: I've never utilized the banns before.. Are they common?? What information is 'standard' in them?
You are very welcome for the help. The handwriting in different records can often be a real challenge but you'll find that once you build up your Italian vocabulary relevant to vital records that you will soon be able to decipher the script. You very soon get use to the script used in your own records. I find that most of the script used in the Province my family come from is very similar.

Re the marriage banns (Pubblicazioni di Matrimonio, Notificazioni, Memorandum, Atto di Solenne Promessa) which are basically records which were required to show a couple's intent to marry; I have found that the detail in them can vary. In the ones I am currently looking at there is very little detail in the Memorandum and much more in the Notificazioni. I personally always go through my marriage banns and translate them and I am so pleased that I do because often I have found that information about the parents of the bride and groom has been included in the banns but not in the marriage record. (e.g. details pertaining to parents' occupations) I've found marriage banns where marriages have not actually taken place but I have been able to glean information about particular family in my history from these. I have also at least twice located marriage banns where the marriage didn't take place but a year later either the bride or groom married a sibling e.g. I located banns and allegati telling me that my great grandmother was going to marry my great grandfather's brother and then a year later she married my great grandfather. The first marriage never took place. (Still don't know why, and Francesco, the brother disappeared – maybe he died of a broken heart or went to America. I would love to know what happened to him. Some of the death records after the event are missing so he may have died.)

Keep going with it. You are doing great. There is always plenty of people here happy to offer backup.
oncemore
Rookie
Rookie

Post by oncemore »

Thank you for the explanations!

One more quick help w/ this family.. The son, Giovanni Domenic (Giandomenico) di Marco has his death record recorded in Villa San Sebastiano.. But it appears to me that the town he lived/worked in was a different Villa. Is that correct? Any ideas?

Thanks!

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 1.jpg.html