Trouble reading ink bleeds

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Robin B Mc
Veteran
Veteran

Trouble reading ink bleeds

Post by Robin B Mc »

These are always fun - any help on reading/translating this would be greatly appreciated. It's a death record for Giuseppe Foglietta in 1810, Monteroduni. I'm trying to work out how old he was (sixty something?), who the registrant was (his son Don Agostino Foglietta?) and how old he was, and if it mentioned a wife's name at all (or his parents).

http://mediasvc.ancestry.com/v2/image/n ... nt=TreesUI

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Trouble reading ink bleeds

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

This is quite tricky to read because you have both bleed through from the reverse page and also ink blotting on the record we are looking at. All I can read at the moment is that Agostino was "quarantasei" 46, and Giuseppe was "settantasei" 76?

If you still have the film out what you might like to do, if no one else can help you further, is to take some more scans. If you scan really light, it will probably filter out a lot of the bleed through which may make it easier to read? I'll have another look later.
Angela :)
Robin B Mc
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Trouble reading ink bleeds

Post by Robin B Mc »

Thanks, I do still have the film but they don't have a scanner - I have to take photos of the projection. I did brighten this up in photoshop a bit - but I took the picture with my phone so maybe next time I'll take it with my proper camera in RAW and see what can be done with it in photoshop.