Calabrese Dialect

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
gentilejoy@yahoo.com
Veteran
Veteran

Calabrese Dialect

Post by gentilejoy@yahoo.com »

Is there someone who can translate a few sentences from a letter discussing a photo- which I believe are in Calabrese dialect? Thank you. Here are the sentences:

Sl crntro u zu Fraciscu il nonno di Francesco Fava il trombettista di Mino Reitano.

Le persone sulla seconda foto sono tutti morti ed il nonno di Franco Fava il trombettista che ai teova su questa foto

Wuello che beve difronte a ntoni con il bicchiete non lo ricordo
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Calabrese Dialect

Post by liviomoreno »

It is in Italian but I suggest you post an image with the handwriting

1. In the middle there is Francesco the grandfather of Francesco Fava the trumpeter of Mino Reitano (Mino Reitano is an Italian singer)

2. The people in the second picture are all dead and the grandfather of Franco Fava the trumpeter that is in this picture

3. I don't remember the one who is drinking in front of Toni.
gentilejoy@yahoo.com
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Calabrese Dialect

Post by gentilejoy@yahoo.com »

Livio- thank you for translating this for me. The letter was sent via email, so I do not have any handwriting. This is how it was written via the email letter. It referred to a great uncle whose grandson was Francesco or Franco Fava. The writer is saying that this Francesco or Franco was a trumpeter in the band of Mino Reitano -the Calabrese singer. We must research this information further. Very interesting should it prove to be true!