1835 Angela Esposito Death Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Haztek
Master
Master

1835 Angela Esposito Death Record

Post by Haztek »

Looking for the mayor's last name.

Also, the parents names.
Here are 2 copies of the same record. I tried to lighten one up.
Thanks, jerry

http://postimg.org/image/xhhficu77/

http://postimg.org/image/dnij3wt2h/
Researching Crispino, Simeone, Cillo, & Girardi in Rotondi & Cervinara. Malvuccio, Lo Grande, Astone, & Munforti in Raccuja.
carubia
Master
Master

Re: 1835 Angela Esposito Death Record

Post by carubia »

I'm sorry, but the resolution on those copies is too poor for me to make out most of the names. The official was Giuseppe, but the surname is smudged. The parents' names are not visible at all. You may be able to find a list of the mayors of that town online. Which comune is it?
Haztek
Master
Master

Post by Haztek »

It is Cervinara, located in Avellino.

Thanks, jerry
Researching Crispino, Simeone, Cillo, & Girardi in Rotondi & Cervinara. Malvuccio, Lo Grande, Astone, & Munforti in Raccuja.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Hi Jerry
I saved the images to my computer and played round with them. To me, it looks like only one of the parent's name(s) are there and I'm guessing it is probably the mother's name. I don't see the words "father unknown" though. I'm not 100% sure but it looks like Anna? Gaetana? Maria.

It is really odd the way the images have scanned. The top half of the record is basically in focus but the bottom half is distorted. Can I ask what type of reader you are using?
Angela(smile)
Haztek
Master
Master

Post by Haztek »

Hi Angela:

Well....I have to tell you that I did not scan the image. I took a picture of it with my 3rd generation iPad. The equipment at the FHC closest to me (50 miles away) is very old and they take forever to have a microfilm machine fixed when it fails.

Thanks for trying!

jerry
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

It's a pity that the FHC is so far away with outdated equipment. I guess you've explored other options for viewing the films, for example, associate libraries? It is amazing the difference a newer reader/scanner makes. They are quick and easy to use and the images are so much clearer and can also be saved to a usb stick.
Angela