Help with a birth record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ldybg93

Help with a birth record

Post by ldybg93 »

After several hours and lots of time with Google translate, I'm left with a few segments of this birth record which I can't figure out. Can anyone help?

In segment 1, I can't make out what the address is. I know there is no house number, but I'm having a hard time deciphering what comes after "nella casa posta in contrada..." It looks like "Ferro ogliastro" to me. This is a record from Castelmola, Messina, so I don't believe it has anything to do with Ogliastro in Salerno.

In segment 2, the handwritten paragraph starting with "Letto il presente atto..." I'm having such a hard time with this. I think I've figured out some of the words, but not enough that any translation makes much sense to me.

I appreciate any assistance. I'm relatively new to dealing with Italian records and I really want to learn.

~ Michele
Attachments
nella casa posta in contrada...
nella casa posta in contrada...
Letto il presente atto...
Letto il presente atto...
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Help with a birth record

Post by erudita74 »

in the first one, I read Contrada Serro Ogliastro

in the second-Letto il presente atto agli'intervenuti suddetti viene soscritto dai soli testimoni e da me, il dichiarante padre assicura essere analfabeta

Erudita
ldybg93

Post by ldybg93 »

Thank you so much for your help with this. I appreciate it more than you know. What a great community this is!
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

You're very welcome. Keep at it and you'll learn to decipher these records.
Erudita