Help with Marriage record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
vspeciale66
Rookie
Rookie

Help with Marriage record

Post by vspeciale66 »

Hi all,

Can someone help me translate this marrage record for my Gr gr gr grandparents? The Name Is Mechliorre Floreno and Giuseppa Simonetta. Bottom left continued to top right of the page. I am trying to get as complete a translation as possible. I know thats time consuming but any help is greatly appreciated.
Attachments
giuseppa and Mechlirroe marriage record.jpg
To be Italian is to know Love.

Researching: Del Gatto, Floreno, Cedrone, Speciale, Sucato, Rubado, Simonnetti, Romano, D'Ischia, Di Martino
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Help with Marriage record

Post by erudita74 »

This is a request for marriage publications (banns of marriage) to be made and not the actual marriage record. It is dated March 1, 1873 at 9 a.m.in the town hall in San Giuseppe Jato. The prospective groom was Melchiore Floreno, middle class, who had never before been married. He had been born in San Giuseppe Jato and was a resident there. He was age 27 and a sordomuto (deaf mute). He was the son of deceased Pietro Floreno and Domenica Immordino, a resident in the town. He asked his brother Signor Francesco Floreno, age 35, to assist him. The prospective bride was Giuseppa Simonetta, age 25, the daughter of Vito Simonetta and Caterina Di Martino. The 1st marriage publication was made on the 2nd and the 2nd marriage publication was made on the 9th. There were no impediments resulting from either of the publications.

Erudita
vspeciale66
Rookie
Rookie

Post by vspeciale66 »

Thank you. I was having trouble with the "interpreter person" whether it was a brother or not and if this was an actual marriage record. As always you've been so helpful!
Thanks

Researching: Del Gatto, Floreno, Cedrone, Speciale, Sucato, Rubado, Simonnetti, Romano, D'Ischia, Di Martino
vspeciale66
Rookie
Rookie

Post by vspeciale66 »

I also noticed that after Giuseppa's name it appears to say "well compensated" or something similar. Is that correct? Could that mean she ws paid to marry him by the Floreno Family since he was a deaf mute? (which was result of a childhood illness.)

erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

I think those words after the bride's name simply mean "also appearing." The brother, who was well known to the town official, assisted with translating the signs made by the prospective groom (acted as a sign language interpreter) which indicated the deaf mute brother's intention to be united in matrimony with Simonetta.
Erudita