Unidentified Record Help

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
vspeciale66
Rookie
Rookie

Unidentified Record Help

Post by vspeciale66 »

Hi,
I found this record in a conglomeration of records for San Giuseppe Jato. I do believe this is my relative but cannot not make out what type of record this is and who all is named.

My ancestor is Fransesco Floreno. Bottom left on page. Can some help me with the translation of important facts and notes and the type of record this is? Marriage maybe?

Thanks
Attachments
Fransico Floreno.jpg
To be Italian is to know Love.

Researching: Del Gatto, Floreno, Cedrone, Speciale, Sucato, Rubado, Simonnetti, Romano, D'Ischia, Di Martino
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Unidentified Record Help

Post by Tessa78 »

This is an Act of Publication of Marriage Banns -
Notice of intent to marry was posted on the door of the town office in both the town of the bride and the town of the groom to give anyone who might have an objection to the marriage the opportunity to oppose the marriage.

This one is dated 28 June 1883 at 10 AM at the town office in S. Giuseppe Jato
Groom is Francesco Floreno, who is the widower of Anna Leone, and who was of age to marry, born and residing in S. Giuseppe Jato, of profession "borgese" (possibily from a noble Italian family), son of deceased Pietro [Floreno] and of Domenica Immordino who resides in S. Giuseppe Jato.

Bride is Antonia Mollisi, unmarried, of age to marry, born in Partinico, residing in Partinico, daughter of deceased Vito [Mollisi] and of Vincenza La Corte who resides in Partinico.
Banns were posted on 1, 8 and 12 July in San Giuseppe.
They were also posted in Partinico - where the marriage probably took place since that was the home of the bride.

T.
vspeciale66
Rookie
Rookie

Post by vspeciale66 »

Thanks T. That was great! All the info I needed!
To be Italian is to know Love.

Researching: Del Gatto, Floreno, Cedrone, Speciale, Sucato, Rubado, Simonnetti, Romano, D'Ischia, Di Martino
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Happy to help! :-)

T.