Translation help...Thanks in advance

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
rancelli
Elite
Elite

Translation help...Thanks in advance

Post by rancelli »

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Translation help...Thanks in advance

Post by Tessa78 »

For Elia Buccella...
This is an extract from the Church register of deaths (which covered 8 December 1787 to 16 September 1801) which finds the annotation of the death of Elia Buccella dated 12 October 1794.
Elia Buccella was age 82.
**The copy was produced for the marriage documents needed on 12 September 1852.

Carlo Filippo Buccella

The second is the extract of the Church register entry on 22 August 1804 for the baptism of Carlo Filippo Buccella who was born the same day to Francesco Buccella and Rosalinda Cancellitti.
***It also notes a margin correction appears in the register saying that mother's given name was Rosaria and not Rosalinda

Third is a Promise of Marriage on 6 September 1853
for
Carlo Filippo Buccella, widower of Angela Coletti, age 49, son of deceased Francesco and living Rosaria d'Amico
AND
Angela Antonia Domenica del Pozzo(sp?), widow, age 60, daughter of deceased Stefano and deceased Maria Elena De Vita

T.
rancelli
Elite
Elite

Post by rancelli »

Thank you Tessa. I was hoping it would list Elia's parents names.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

rancelli wrote:Thank you Tessa. I was hoping it would list Elia's parents names.
Yes, I thought it unusual that it did not...

May be possible to find/request the death/burial record from the church in Loreto? (S. Pietro)

T.
rancelli
Elite
Elite

Post by rancelli »

Maybe I'll try that next. I'm not sure exactly where Elia died at though. I see it stamped in Loreto ? Could that be the death place? I'm finding out through my research that majority of my Buccella's were from Loreto Aprutino. I don't see anything in that record that states where he was living at the time. Thanks again
rancelli
Elite
Elite

Post by rancelli »

It's hard to say because his children were born in Montebello di Bertona.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Maybe the following link will be help with the Chiesa S. Pietro. Seems to be located in Loreto Aprutino.

http://www.italianostrapenne.org/index. ... &Itemid=67

Erudita
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

rancelli wrote:Maybe I'll try that next. I'm not sure exactly where Elia died at though. I see it stamped in Loreto ? Could that be the death place? I'm finding out through my research that majority of my Buccella's were from Loreto Aprutino. I don't see anything in that record that states where he was living at the time. Thanks again
Hard to decipher, but it appears to state that he was buried in/from "Chiesa de RR PP(?) or Pietro? Riformati"
Wondering if this is a cemetery attached to a local monastery or convent church???

T.
rancelli
Elite
Elite

Post by rancelli »

Thanks Tessa and Erudita. Are there form letters for parishes?
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Here's one link for a form letter. Personally, I have found many church records which give limited info, but it's always worth a try to contact the parish to see if there is additional info in its books. The problem with church records is that there was no uniform requirements. When the Council of Trent in 1545 dictated that parishes had to keep records for vital events, it did not dictate the format of those requests. So it was up to the individual parish priest or his clerk who wrote the records as to what info was recorded or omitted.

http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tter4.html

Also, I'm going to see if there is an email address for the parish, or the parish could be on facebook. Many are and contact via that way or email would be the fastest way to get a response, at least to find out if the records are available. Parishes normally expect a donation though to have someone there do the actual research for you.

Parrocchia S. PIETRO APOSTOLO
Via Baio, 37
LORETO APRUTINO 65014 (PE)
Italia

I don't see an email address or the parish priest's name, but the address on the diocesan website is slightly different, but there is a phone number if you know someone who can call for you.

http://www.diocesipescara.it/luoghi/for ... -pietro-ap

Parrocchia Di S. Pietro Apostolo
Via Baio, 0
Loreto Aprutino Pescara
085 8291113

Here's a link to a facebook page for the parishes in the town

https://it-it.facebook.com/parrocchia.sanpietro.9

Erudita
rancelli
Elite
Elite

Post by rancelli »

Thank you very much Erudita !
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

You're very welcome. Let us know if you have any success.
Erudita
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

Tessa78 wrote:
rancelli wrote:Maybe I'll try that next. I'm not sure exactly where Elia died at though. I see it stamped in Loreto ? Could that be the death place? I'm finding out through my research that majority of my Buccella's were from Loreto Aprutino. I don't see anything in that record that states where he was living at the time. Thanks again
Hard to decipher, but it appears to state that he was buried in/from "Chiesa de RR PP(?) or Pietro? Riformati"
Wondering if this is a cemetery attached to a local monastery or convent church???

T.
He was buried in the Church of the Reverendi Padri Riformati. It must have been a local monastery. However, at that time people were usually buried in churches, not in cemeteries.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.