Marriage Bans

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
CiaoBella1313
Rookie
Rookie

Marriage Bans

Post by CiaoBella1313 »

Can someone help me figure this out, please? I can figure out some of it.

Tomasso Iannone 29 years...lives in Forino...strada...son of (what is this in front) something Giuseppe and Maria C________ and Antonio Iannone? something (why is there a third name mentioned?) and Mattia Antonia Goine 32 years...lives in Forino...strada...daughter of something C?____________ and
Stella Galetta

Grazie!!
Attachments
marriage-bans.jpg
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: Marriage Bans

Post by PippoM »

CiaoBella1313 wrote:Can someone help me figure this out, please? I can figure out some of it.

Tomasso Iannone 29 years, peasant lives in Forino...stradaCasali di Creta son of deceased Giuseppe and Maria Canale ? and Antonio Iannone? something (why is there a third name mentioned?) and Mattia Antonia Goine 32 years...lives in Forino...stradadel Pozzo daughter of deceased Crescenzo and
Stella Galetta

Grazie!!
The abbreviation used for "both deceased" is "qqm" (latin "quondam")
What I can't understand (or I read something wrong) is that I read "e col consenzo, e senza, di Antonio Iannone, suo germano", that is "with the consent of, and without, Antonio Iannone, his brother" :-(
I can't read Mattia Antonia's surname, either...maybe "Gjona" (now it would be Giona")
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
CiaoBella1313
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Marriage Bans

Post by CiaoBella1313 »

Thanks for the help, Pippo :D

I guess he didn't care if his brother gave his consent or not.

Maybe it is Goione? I have other records and it looked like Goine.