Cannot find the parents on this death record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
rp76226
Master
Master

Cannot find the parents on this death record

Post by rp76226 »

There only appears to be witnesses listed and no parents on this death record for Giuseppe Lo Cascio:

http://postimg.org/image/y70yb91sh/

The two Lo Cascio's listed seem only to be witnesses. I don't see if a relationship for them is listed. Seems very odd to have a death record with no parents. Also, is there a wife listed?
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Cannot find the parents on this death record

Post by Tessa78 »

I also cannot find parents named in this record...

I think the deceased is Giuseppe Cascio, not Lo Cascio.
I do not believe the declarants knew him as they also do not list an age for the deceased.

T.
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

It appears to me that the witnesses were also Cascio - Gandolfo, age 60, and Illuminata, age 34. Seems odd that the witnesses' surname was the same, yet they apparently did not know him. Did you see an age for the deceased?
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

rp76226 wrote:It appears to me that the witnesses were also Cascio - Gandolfo, age 60, and Illuminata, age 34. Seems odd that the witnesses' surname was the same, yet they apparently did not know him. Did you see an age for the deceased?
I see "lo" between the given name and Cascio on each of the witnesses. :-)
I do not think the second witness is Illluminata - but something like Marinaro - and male as the endings of "contadino" and "dominiciato" indicate.

No age as I stated earlier - which is why I think they did not know him. If they knew him they would give an approx. age.

T.