Vicofaro, Pistoia, Toscana

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
ForzaItaliaPgh
Elite
Elite

Vicofaro, Pistoia, Toscana

Post by ForzaItaliaPgh »

My family always thought we hailed from Lucca, Tuscany, but after doing a little digging it turns out that while my GGF was born in Lucca, his parents seemed to have moved there from Pistoia.

On my GGF's baptismal record it lists the family as coming from "questa parrocchia" (this parish), but on his older brother's record from 10 yrs earlier it says "di Vicofaro (Pistoia)" for the father and "di Torello di Vicofaro (Pistoia)" for the mother. Although, I believe Torello might be my GGGM's father's name rather than a place.

Unfortunately, I have been unable to get back any further as I have lost contact with my Italian genealogist.

While I have found info on Pistoia, I can find next to nothing on Vicofaro. Does anyone know anything about this parish?
ForzaItaliaPgh
Elite
Elite

Re: Vicofaro, Pistoia, Toscana

Post by ForzaItaliaPgh »

Interesting that the church was demolished and rebuilt in the 1930's, I hope that doesn't mean the records were destroyed or lost as my GGGF would have moved in the 1840's.
Researching BARONTINI family from Tuscany
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

Usually the copies are not intentionally destroyed, there is always an extra copy saved at the Diocesis, I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
ForzaItaliaPgh
Elite
Elite

Post by ForzaItaliaPgh »

Ciao Ricbru,

Thanks, at least I should be able to track the records down.
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

u r welcome
good luck
let us know
bye Riccardo
Dottorfaust87

Post by Dottorfaust87 »

Hi ForzaitaliaPGH!
I dont know you have found the informations you were looking for 4 years ago. Anyway, I originally come from there and my family still lives close to Vicofaro. I'm also writing an essay about that area.

If you still need some informations about this parish, just let me know it! :wink:
ForzaItaliaPgh
Elite
Elite

Post by ForzaItaliaPgh »

Ciao Dottorfaust,

Wow! Thanks for the email. Unfortunately, I changed emails since you sent me that message and failed to update the system. I also have been too busy lately to log in. Thus, I never got your message. If you still would like to share any info of Vicofaro, I'd love the help. I'm still stuck!! Thanks!

Nathan
Researching BARONTINI family from Tuscany