Sant'Elpidio, Marche, Penesi

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
pebbles00078

Sant'Elpidio, Marche, Penesi

Post by pebbles00078 »

Hello,
I am looking for ancestors from Sant'Elpidio Marche. Below are specifics. If anyone can help with researching or telling me who i can contact there that can help (records offices?). I am in canada and do not speak italian unfortunately, so email contacts would be ideal.

NAME: Alessandro Pennesi (b. 1898), immigrated to Canada 1914
Parents: Raffaele Pennesi, Rosa or Rose Capodarco (sp?)
Brother: Nazaranno?
Married Lucia Ferraro (1927 in canada)
jcaccaro

Re: Sant'Elpidio, Marche, Penesi

Post by jcaccaro »

Hi! My Pennesi relatives were from Porto Civitanova - very close to Sant'Elpidio. Actually my family apparently moved from Fermo to Sant'Elpidio to Porto Civitanova in the late 1800s early 1900s. I'm actually not blood related to the Pennesi's but they married into my family. My family - was supposedly friends with the Pennesi's in Italy. Theodoro Pennesi b 1 June 1897. Immigrated to Canada in 1920. He then move to Youngstown, Ohio and by 1935 he was living in western PA. He married my great aunt Nella Caccarozzo. Uncle Ted also had a cousin living in Ohio at the time - his name was August Pennesi. I am also in touch with his descendants. Please let me know if you think there is a connection there.

Thanks!

Joey