Trying to request Birth Certs from Recale

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
dczitell

Trying to request Birth Certs from Recale

Post by dczitell »

My GGF and GGM are both from Recale and I am trying to request their Birth certificate Extracts, but I can't seem to find an address where I should write to. I found the website for Recale: http://www.comune.recale.ce.it/html/default.htm but it doesn't have an address on it!

I have requested the Certificates via the emails listed on the site, but have gotten no response. Can anyone help me find a physical address to write to in Recale to request BCs? Thanks for any help!
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Trying to request Birth Certs from Recale

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Try this:

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Recale
Via Municipio, 3
81020 Recale CE
ITALY
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
dczitell

Post by dczitell »

Thank you so much - I will!
thomasfarina

Post by thomasfarina »

Did you have any luck with the above mailing address? I sent a letter requesting birth information for my Gr-Grandfather several months back but I haven't heard back. Having read the article on this site about the research conditions in Italy, I'm not really surprised.
thomasfarina

Post by thomasfarina »

I spoke too soon -- I received a response back from the Comune di Recale today, with several record extractions included -- a very good surprise!
lcannuli

Post by lcannuli »

Hey thomasfarina could you define "several months" - I'm in a similar situation and am getting anxious.
thomasfarina

Post by thomasfarina »

Icannuli, the turnaround time for my request was 2.5 months. Which is a lot better than some states here in the U.S. do for vital records requests. Pennsylvania, for example, takes about 4 months to receive a Death Certificate.
thomasfarina

Post by thomasfarina »

By the way -- I'd like to remit the cost of postage to the City Office in Recale ... can anybody recommend the best method of doing that? I imagine a personal check would be no good internationally.

Also, for future requests to offices in Italy, what is the best way to provide a postage-paid envelope? Can you buy a pre-paid italian international postage envelope in the U.S.?
Robin B Mc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robin B Mc »

This is an old topic, but thought I should mention that FamilySearch has Recale civil registrations (births, marriages, deaths, etc) for 1809 to 1929 on microfilm: https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library

Short term loans on the microfilm cost $7.50 - they are sent to your local Family History Center (you'll have to create an account and set your local Center in your account settings) and the film will remain there where you can view it anytime the Center is open for 90 days from when the film is shipped - and they guarantee at least 60 days at the Center. Shipping normally doesn't take 30 days though so you typically will have about 3 months with the film.

Extended loans mean the film will remain at your local Center until it gets called to another location.