Vico Equense

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
family1

Vico Equense

Post by family1 »

Hello. Does anyone have any information about how to get documents from Vico Equense? I hired two geneaologists from Italy at different times to try and get documents. Both times they were turned down by the clerks. They said that the documents that need to be retrieved are in another building and they could not go to that location. Could that be possible?

My family and I do not have any information about our ancestors from there. We have a mystery story, with a possiblity that one of our ancestors might have gone to prison but no one knows for sure, and we want to find out what happened. The clerks in Vico Equense are not cooperating. Does anyone have any ideas. Thank you.

Maria
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Vico Equense

Post by adelfio »

What year are you looking for records in Vico Equense?
Did you send a photo ID when you requested the records?
Was it email or letter?
Did you get a reply?
Did you ever try fax?
Did you contact the mayor?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
vicoequense

Post by vicoequense »

To Marty,
Re:
Vico Equense
I have requested my Great grandmother's birth certificate 1871 - 1872, VIco Equense several times, via
post office mail and email to mayor's office, Citta di Vico Equense Via Filangieri, 98 - 80069 Vico Equense - Also emailed UFFICIO ANAGRAFE Vico Equense comune demografici@comune.vicoequense.na.it
Found some info on this site http://en.comuni-italiani.it/063/086/
I am brief and translate to Italian as well as English but no one ever replies or directs you to the correct place for search. This was more than a year ago.

Last year I visited beautiful V.E. unfortunately the only day possible was Saturday and Town Hall was closed of course.

On the other hand, I wrote away to Comuni di Anacapri and after 5 months received in the mail all transcribed info from the documents. I was so elated that when I visited Anacapri last year I brought a gift for the woman who sent me the info. This was how I learned my ggmother was born in Vico Equense, I had never heard of it.
Thank you for any input
Tara
gentilejoy@yahoo.com
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gentilejoy@yahoo.com »

Vico Equense, a coastal town slightly north of Sorrento. I am in the process of trying to determine my ggmother's birth place. She always told the family she was from Sorrento, but her naturalization papers say Naples. When she came here in 1893 she was about 3-4 months old with her parents. I was about to try and locate her dad-Luigi's naturalization papers to see what they say, but the National Archives office is currently shut down. In the meantime, I have been trying other means of possibly verifying my ggmother's birth town. I, too, came across Vico Equense as a possibility because of close proximity to Sorrento and Naples and secondly because this town had many who immigrated with surname CAPOZZI and CACCIOPPOLI. I am curious, if I may ask, what address you wrote to in Anacapri to be able for them to identify Vico Equense as your ggmother's birth town. Thank you-Joy.
gentilejoy@yahoo.com
Veteran
Veteran

Today, I am simply overjoyed. I have confirmed my great-grandmother's birth town-VICO EQUENSE. I contacted the ufficio anagrafe with her information-full name, year of birth, and her parents full names. I was emailed back with a copy of her birth record. Truly appreciative of the officials in locating her birth record. Now, this puts to rest, once and for all, where she was born-not Naples, not Sorrento, but VICO EQUENSE-a breathtakingly, beautiful coastal town overlooking the Bay Of Naples.
vicoequense

Post by vicoequense »

Dear Joy,
I have just today found your 2 posts from 08 Oct 2013, 17:47 and 15 Oct 2013, 18:33
Sorry not to have received them earlier about Vico Equense. So happy to hear that you found info about your Great-Grandmother's birth town, Vico Equense, the same as my GG. Can you tell me what email address you sent your inquiry to? Did you use the same email address as the one I posted on 08 Oct 2013, 17:47 demografici@comune.vicoequense.na.it or did you find another that led to a reply with info? To date I still have no info but now as encouraged to try again.

Would so appreciate your reply. Had I seen your post a year ago I sure would have sent you the info on Anacapri, but now I see you no longer need it.
Thank you,
Tara
gentilejoy@yahoo.com
Veteran
Veteran

Dear Tara,

I sent an email in Italian to: demografici@comune.vicoequense.na.it
I got this from the city official website. http://vicoequense.asmenet.it/index.php ... ndex&p=289
In the subject line, I put "Ufficio Anagrafe"

It took close to a month for a response back. Good luck.
marywrab

Post by marywrab »

Dear Joy,

So happy you located a copy of your great grand mother's birth record! My family is also from Vico Equense. I am trying to locate a copy of great grandmother's birth record as well as her parents marriage approx 1880.

Are you going to search for her siblings and parents? You could ask for Stato di Famiglia.

I am encouraged by your results. Do you have a contact person? I read Dr. Yolanda Guide. Do think email is preferable to a written letter? So happy to have a Vico contact.

Thanks,

Mary
marywrab@yahoo.com
gentilejoy@yahoo.com
Veteran
Veteran

@Mary-I apologize for the late response as I am just reading your post. What seems to be very helpful whether done via email or by written letter is to be as precise as possible by providing a full name of ancestor, parents' names, and close to if not exact dates being searched. Good Luck.
vicoequense

Post by vicoequense »

Dear “gentlejoy” and others seeking Vico Equense records

Want to share the following and hope you chance to see my post. I recently revisited italiangenealogy.com and re-read Vico Equense 2013-2014 posts. It prompted me to try again to find my Great-Grandmother’s birth record: born, Vico Equense using the info you posted. Once again, “mille grazie”

In early November I sent a request to demografici@comune.vicoequense.na.it

I was thrilled to receive a prompt reply from
<giuseppeflavio.esposito@vicoequense.gov.it> he wrote:
Scriva la sua richiesta all'ufficio
Sevizi Demografici

“Write your request to the office
Demographic sevices”
REPLY-TO: protocollo@pec.vicoequense.gov.it

I emailed with that address with vital info and within 2 weeks, received an email with attachment of my G-Grandmother’s birth certificate. I had been searching for 5 years and seeing it was very emotional.

I replied to say, “mille grazie” to Giuseppe Flavio Espostio and told him I cried when I read her name, “Elisabetta Del Gauro” born 1870. It is an unusual name to find today and may likely be extinct. The name was often misspelled as well.

Thank you from,
Tara
DanTheMan

Post by DanTheMan »

Hi all -

Just wanted to say thank you for this information, as it helped in tracking down the parents' names and ages of my Great-Great-Grandfather's parents. As of February 2019, sending a request to protocollo@pec.vicoequense.gov.it resulted in a response less than a month later.

Thanks again. Kindly,

-Dan