Villages or areas near Belmonte Calabro Cosenza in Calabria.

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
ItaliaHeritage

Villages or areas near Belmonte Calabro Cosenza in Calabria.

Post by ItaliaHeritage »

Hello, I am wondering which villages or towns are near Belmonte Calabro, in the province of Cosenza Calabria?
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Villages or areas near Belmonte Calabro Cosenza in Calab

Post by johnnyonthespot »

What do you consider "near"?

You can certainly get an idea simply by looking at Google Map of the area https://www.google.com/maps/place/87033 ... 88e7e79e78 zooming in and out to see the names of surrounding comuni.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

If your talking about fraziones(suburbs) Annunziata, Vadi, Marina di Belmonte, Santa Barbara, Salice, Spineto which are all part of Belmonte Calabro so all civil records would be held at the comune of Belmonte Calabro

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

If it helps, the "comuni confinanti" (neighboring communities) are Amantea, Lago, Longobardi, Mendicino and San Pietro in Amantea.

If you use an Android smartphone or tablet, I can highly recommend the "Comune d'Italia" app available from the Google Play Store; it is full of neat stuff like this. https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... unidItalia

It is in Italian though, so you will have to make some (minimal) effort to understand the data presented.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
ItaliaHeritage

Post by ItaliaHeritage »

Thanks for the replies everyone. I used various mapping programs, and just did some simple internet searches.