Sant Punzo Canavese or Valperga?

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Nataliej
Rookie
Rookie

Sant Punzo Canavese or Valperga?

Post by Nataliej »

I am searching for more information on my great grandparents. The 1930 US Census lists my great grandfather as having been born in Sant Punzo Canavese on 20 June 1888. My great Grandmother was born in April of 1891 in Valparga Italy. I do know that they grew up close to each other. But my grandmother says her father was actually French. I was wondering if Sant Punzo was in Italy or France?? I have found two different spelling of his last name Luscieto or Lussetto. Not sure if that helps or not. Many thanks! This is fascinating!
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Sant Punzo Canavese or Valperga?

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website are you talking about Valperga a comune in the Province of Turin in the Italian region Piedmont and San Ponso a comune in the Province of Turin in the Italian region Piedmont

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Nataliej
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nataliej »

I wondered if the spelling was wrong on the Sant Punzo. So they were very close in distance then? Is there actually what I would call a 'town' in the U.S.? Or is that a region. I did find just some information that my great great grandfather was the mayor of Valperga his name was Luigi Vallero and supposedly he also conducted a 60 piece orchestra. That's all I know about him
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Nataliej wrote:I wondered if the spelling was wrong on the Sant Punzo. So they were very close in distance then? Is there actually what I would call a 'town' in the U.S.? Or is that a region. I did find just some information that my great great grandfather was the mayor of Valperga his name was Luigi Vallero and supposedly he also conducted a 60 piece orchestra. That's all I know about him
Information about the Comune (town) of San Ponso :-)
http://www.italyworldclub.com/piemonte/ ... _ponso.htm

And this site about Valperga :-)
http://www.italyworldclub.com/piemonte/ ... lperga.htm

T.
Nataliej
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nataliej »

Awesome!!!! Thank you so much! I found my great grandfathers name in the surname list. Luscietto!!