San Mauro Castelverde

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
sleone1981
Rookie
Rookie

San Mauro Castelverde

Post by sleone1981 »

My 3rd great-grandmother was born there about 1816. The microfilmed records do not go back that far.

I would like to write to the town/comune in search of her birth record. Can anyone give me the correct address?
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: San Mauro Castelverde

Post by PeterTimber »

www.circolocalabrese.org click genealogy and fill out form letter. Send form letter to r.galli@comune.castelverde.cr.it for stato civile and her birth record. Peter
~Peter~
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Perhaps you can look online for her death record if she died after 1862 for there are online records of San Mauro Castelverde at familysearch.org

PG LINK TO RECORDS
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... %3D1947613

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
sleone1981
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sleone1981 »

I have her death record, but unfortunately no parents are listed. She died in Sclafani Bagni, her husband's birthplace.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

perhaps you might wish to send a duplicate request to sclafani Bagni at URP@comune.sclafani-bagni.pa.it for a death record. Perhaps the parents names are listed. Peter
~Peter~
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

sleone1981 wrote:I have her death record, but unfortunately no parents are listed. She died in Sclafani Bagni, her husband's birthplace.
Can you post that death record?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
sleone1981
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sleone1981 »

brigida parisi death.jpg
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

The wording "ignoti genitori" ("unknown parents") is usually used for foundlings; but there might be some chance that the declarants just did not know who her parents were. But in that case I would have expected the line to be left blank.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
sleone1981
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sleone1981 »

PippoM wrote:The wording "ignoti genitori" ("unknown parents") is usually used for foundlings; but there might be some chance that the declarants just did not know who her parents were. But in that case I would have expected the line to be left blank.
How did they decide on names for foundlings? Were there any traditions or did state/church officials choose names on a whim?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

What year did she die its cropped off at the top Perhaps being her death was in Sclafani Bagni like Pippo said they didn't know the names of her parents in San Mauro Castelverde have you got the marriage record?

Marty

Marty