Help determining Birth Town

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
JamieK

Help determining Birth Town

Post by JamieK »

I am trying to figure out what town my G-G Grandfather (Charles Leonardo Mormino) was born in. I posted on this site before and all of you were so helpful I thought I would see if you could help me with my newest problem. (Here is a link to the previous post, lots of great American documents were found. http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/i ... logy/32402)

I have looked through all the microfilm for Nascita records for Termini Imerese from 1886-1891 and I have been unable to find my G-G Grandfather. So I have attached an image of his death record that shows where he and his parents were born. I thought it said Termini but now I am unsure. Any help with reading it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, does any one know any other towns near Termini that I should be looking at?

Thank you!

Jamie
Attachments
2014-02-28 19.06.54.jpg
TerraLavoro
Elite
Elite

Re: Help determining Birth Town

Post by TerraLavoro »

Do you know his arrival year? If he arrived after 1910, the ship manifest will list his exact town of birth.

Did he have siblings or other close family members that also traveled by ship, or naturalized? These records will also include town of birth.

Check this link for adjoining towns (comuni confinanti), towards the bottom of the page.

http://www.comuni-italiani.it/082/070/index.html
TerraLavoro
JamieK

Post by JamieK »

Thanks for the link! According to his Declaration of Intent he arrived 4/01/1903. It says he left from Palermo but doesn't give the port he arrived in. Haven't been able to track down his ship manifest yet.

As far as I know he came alone when he was a teenager. He never naturalized but did do the first papers. Unfortunately they also list Termini.
TerraLavoro
Elite
Elite

Post by TerraLavoro »

There are many Mormino in Palermo today, do you think he may have been born in Palermo, but moved to Termini at a young age, and just always felt his place of birth to be Termini?

Maybe a check of the Palermo records would be worth some of your time?
TerraLavoro
JamieK

Post by JamieK »

You know that could be, they aren't that far away after all. I think I will take a look at the Palermo records. Couldn't hurt right? Thanks!:)
TerraLavoro
Elite
Elite

Post by TerraLavoro »

They are online (I think you know that). Good luck.
TerraLavoro
waqasjamil

Post by waqasjamil »

am trying to figure out what town my G-G Grandfather (Charles Leonardo Mormino) was born :cry: :)
Are you worried about 1Y0-300 dumps exam CISCO preparation? We offer up-to-dated wikipedia
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Waqas,

It would be best to start a new thread and to give as much information as possible.

Did he emigrate? If so, where did he live?
Wife's name
Children's names
Birth date and death date
etc.

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"