Monte Secco?

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Monte Secco?

Post by Anizio »

I just found the marriage certificate of two of my ancestors, who married in Rome in 1883.

The wife was apparently born in Monte Secco in 1857 - but where is that?! :/

I know there is a mountain named Monte Secco in Bergamo and a frazione of Pergola in Pesaro e Urbino called Montesecco.

I also know that Montefino, in Teramo, was called Montesecco until 1863.

Her name is Maria Cinti, daughter of Pietro Cinti and Anna Paolini - unfortunately those names aren't rare enough to give a good indication of where the referred to "Monte Secco" is.

Any ideas? I'm thinking the frazione of Pergola would be most likely, but since its 1857 it makes it a little difficult to confirm since there were no Civil Records in Pesaro e Urbino for 1857.
Attachments
Maria Cinti Montesecco.jpg
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information
TerraLavoro
Elite
Elite

Re: Monte Secco?

Post by TerraLavoro »

LDS has microfilm of 1857 records for Montesecco (Teramo). You might want to check that film, even just to eliminate it as a possibility. Or... maybe you'll get lucky and it will be the right comune.
TerraLavoro
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Post by Anizio »

Thanks! Good idea.

Apparently there is also a Montesecco in Pistoia, Tuscany :/
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

There's also a frazione called Montesecco in the comune of Fermo, Fermo, Marche

from the website www.italyworldclub.com

Erudita
Marcas
Rookie
Rookie
Location: Marche (in picture: the Pope venerates Our Lady of Loreto in the real Loreto, which lies in Marche)

Post by Marcas »

No need to travel to Marche this time (although nice to see).
Montesecco is inside Rome - in memories, at least. Today's called FIDENE, in Municipio 4.

The parish is S.Felicità e Figli Martiri, have a look:
http://archivio.wikispaces.com/file/det ... ene+RM.JPG

Ah, the memories... Get Montesecco's story here http://www.romamontesacro.it/ex.html
And a newspaper here http://ricerca.repubblica.it/repubblica ... rgata.html
-- Marcas

Expert in Marche region Image
Origins, surnames, emigrations, families, certificates of birth marriage and death...
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Post by Anizio »

Wow that I never would have found on my own!

But was Montesecco an acutal comune in the 1800s? Because it says born in Montesecco indicating that it was a town or village, not just the name of a hill. I can't see to find answers on the site you gave me :/
Marcas
Rookie
Rookie
Location: Marche (in picture: the Pope venerates Our Lady of Loreto in the real Loreto, which lies in Marche)

Post by Marcas »

Montesecco was a village indeed.
-- Marcas

Origins, surnames, emigrations, families, certificates of birth marriage and death...
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Post by Anizio »

Okay so I got my hand on the allegati for the marriage certificate, and two of the allegati say Montesecco (Pesaro).

Does that mean Montesecco in the Province of Pesaro e Urbino, as in Montesecco di Pergola? Or is there another Montesecco in the province that I should consider?
carinthiangirl
Veteran
Veteran

Post by carinthiangirl »

A book (detective novel) of a Bernhard Jaumann refers to a village Montesecco in Marche:
" Eine weitere Reihe bildet die Trilogie um Montesecco. Das kleine, dem Aussterben nahe Dorf in den italienischen Marken wird zum Schauplatz raffinierter Verbrechen."
Another series is the trilogy about Montesecco. The small village close to extinction in the Marche region is the scene of sophisticated crime.
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernhard_Jaumann
Marcas
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Marcas »

It is Montesecco under Pergola (Pesaro), definitely.
Bad news is: town records starts in 1866. You'll have to try with the church records. And that means another trouble since....

Church: S. Sebastiano
Population: 32

...is not enough for keep a Priest. Either all parish registers where moved elsewhere, or are still in a ghost church. Maybe a Priest from a nearby city (bet: Pergola) goes there sometimes.

At least the parish registers should be 2 pages, tops.
-- Marcas

Anizio
Elite
Elite

Post by Anizio »

Thanks Marcas, this likely means not going any further on those records until I can take some time to go to Italy myself and investigate, but I appreciate your help. It is at least something to know where I need to look.