Two towns with the name of Valdottavo?

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
ral393

Two towns with the name of Valdottavo?

Post by ral393 »

Hello,

My grandmother's family immigrated from the town of Valdottavo, Italy. I had always heard from family members that it was located near Naples. And with their travels, they always departed/arrived from Naples.

Recently, I found out that it was actually in northern Italy. I tried to Google the town but it only shows the one located in the northern part of Italy.

Is it possible that there could be two towns of the same name?

Any help would be appreciated.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Two towns with the name of Valdottavo?

Post by Tessa78 »

Here is the village (frazione) of that name in Province of Lucca, Toscano Region
Valdottavo, comune of Borgo a Mozzano, Lucca, Tuscany

Do you have her arrival manifest? That may help to identify her last residence.
We may be able to help if you provide us with her name (maiden name) and approx. year of birth, and any other details that would be helpful in the search.

T.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Birth record of Fortunata Maffei
INDEX#225
1867 Sept 3rd in the town of Valdottavo, suburb of the town of Borgo a Mozzano(Lucca) appeared Samuele Maffei age 42 farmer (son of Giovanni Battista son of deceased Luigi Maffei and Rosa Pierotti) with his wife Maria Pieroni (daughter of Lorenzo Pieroni and Pasquina Gianni) gave birth to a baby girl they named Fortunata Maffei

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,350071202

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

All the info Marcello gave you is correct your US records on ancestry.com have some typos in them such as the death records because of the info was taken from a informat
Related thread
http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/i ... logy/33297

Heres Lorenzo Pacini birth info
1865 Jan 30th in the town of Valdottavo, suburb of the town of Borgo a Mozzano(Lucca) appeared Amos Pacini farmer (son of Luigi Pacini) with his wife Clementina Pierotti (daughter of Giovanni Pierotti) gave birth to a baby boy named Lorenzo Pacini he was baptized on Jan 31st

PG LINK TO RECORD CLICK ON MOUSE TO USE MAGNIFER
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 0.jpg.html

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
ral393

Post by ral393 »

Marty,

I have a question concerning #225 - birth record for Fortunata Maffei. As I understand it to read, it says that her father, Sam Maffei, is the son of Giovanni Battista who is the son of Luigi Maffei. Is "Battista" the middle name of Giovanni or is Giovanni the step son of Luigi?

Thank you, Ruth
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Samuele Maffei was the son of GiovanBattista Maffei, and grandson of deceased Luigi Maffei.
:D

T.
ral393

Post by ral393 »

Thanks T! :)