Finding genealogical info for Riposto, Sicilia

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Kaylie
Veteran
Veteran

Finding genealogical info for Riposto, Sicilia

Post by Kaylie »

I have used several genealogical sites (e.g. Family Search.org, Ancestry.com, etc) in an attempt to obtain information on my maternal and paternal sides (both parents born in the same town) in the town of Riposto (province Catania) Sicily. I was very successful with Family Search.org in researching my husband's family in Palermo since this site had church records of the specific town all his relatives came from. I went back as far as the 1600's. Unfortunately, Ancestry has no records for Riposto and Family Search has indicated they may, but not on line. I would have to go to a LDS and research their records that are on microfiche, and that, unfortunately, is a hardship for me since I cannot get around very easily. Does anyone out there know of any sites where I could research this particular town? Any suggestions or assistance would be appreciated.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Finding genealogical info for Riposto, Sicilia

Post by adelfio »

Online records of Riposto
PG LINK
https://familysearch.org/search/image/i ... %3D2043496

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Robin B Mc
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Finding genealogical info for Riposto, Sicilia

Post by Robin B Mc »

There might be some records available here: http://www.archivi-sias.it/consulta_arc ... =300080000 - that's the state archive of Catania but I can't tell if it includes Riposto (only glanced over it though).

If not, they probably aren't available online. You can try contacting the State Archives of Catania and asking if they will send you copies of records via the mail but I've never had luck with that, personally.

Otherwise, the only solution I can think of is to ask or hire someone else to look through the microfilm for you.