Cessapalombo, Macerata--Napoleonic Location?

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
sigatti
Rookie
Rookie

Cessapalombo, Macerata--Napoleonic Location?

Post by sigatti »

Some members of my husband's family came from Cessapalombo, Macerata, Le Marche. When doing research via Antenati.Italiani, I had some trouble figuring out how to access records from this community. The website offers an extensive set of Napoleonic-era locations. I didn't see Cessapalombo listed. I'm having a hard time knowing what area/municipality--not sure of the correct term--Cessapalombo belonged to. Did it have another name during this period? I'd be grateful for some help in navigating the list.

Thanks in advance,

Susan Gatti
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Cessapalombo, Macerata--Napoleonic Location?

Post by adelfio »

Have you tried familysearch.org online records
PG LINK TO RECORDS
https://familysearch.org/search/image/i ... %3D2043838

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
sigatti
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sigatti »

Yes, I have. I've had great luck finding some relatives who moved to San Ginesio. I found a great-great grandfather by going through the Cessapalombo records offered on Family Search. Of course, you have to comb through a lot of images to find the indices, but the effort is worthwhile.

But, I'm hoping to go back farther in time via the records of the early nineteenth century, which are available in Antenati. There are three pages of villages or districts. None lists Cessapalombo, so I'm not sure which location to select. Interestingly, San Ginesio had a single entry, which made research easy. But, nothing resembling Cessapalombo comes up. I tried doing a little on-line searching about the village's identity or affiliation during this period, but I haven't found anything yet.

Thanks for your help.

Susan
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

I see (Wikipedia) that Cessapalombo has several "frazioni" (hamlets):

5.1 Montalto
5.2 Frazione Trebbio
5.3 Frazione Col di Pietra
5.4 Frazione Prato
5.5 Frazione Monastero
5.6 Frazione Valle di Montalto
5.7 Frazione Villa di Montalto

I don't know if there's a village called "Cessapalombo", or that's just the name of all the hamlets together (I know several such cases in other parts of Italy).
However some of its hamlets used to be hamlets of the commune of Valcimarra, and their BMD records are here:

http://antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/ ... +Montalto/

http://antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/ ... +Montalto/

You might also try searching for other names liste (I just tried "Montalto").
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
sigatti
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sigatti »

Thanks, Pippo! This helps.