Porto Gonaro? Venice province (Bernava/Brussolo)

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
pasian

Porto Gonaro? Venice province (Bernava/Brussolo)

Post by pasian »

Need help checking this location. I cant seem to find it on the map.

Luigi Bernava and wife Elisabeta Brussolo, children and inlaws Giobatta Brussolo and Santa left italy in 1888. In one record from 1890 its said that they came from "Porto Gonaro province of Venezia". Where is this place? I looked in Portogruaro already but they arent there. I guess the name of the place is probably misspelled.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Porto Gonaro? Venice province (Bernava/Brussolo)

Post by adelfio »

It says Luigi Bernava was born in Gruaro (Venezia) 1872 Aug 26th son of Vincenzo Bernava and Giovanna Santin last residence Cinto Caomaggiore

Military enlistment record
Bernava Luigi detto Ferrarin di professione: Villico figlio di Bernava Vincenzo di professione Villico e Santin Giovanna
Nato il 26/08/1872
Luogo di nascita: Gruaro (Venezia)
Distretto Mandamento: Portogruaro

Luogo di residenza: Cinto Caomaggiore (Venezia)
Distretto Mandamento: Portogruaro

Numero di estrazione: 306
Lista di leva del comune di: Cinto Caomaggiore
Numero del registro: 156
Numero d'ordine: 5
Segnatura: Ufficio di leva di Venezia, Liste di leva

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
pasian

Re: Porto Gonaro? Venice province (Bernava/Brussolo)

Post by pasian »

thank you so much, Marty. Even though that luigi who appears on the draft records isnt the Luigi Brnava I'm looking for, I did check the marriage records for Gruaro and found the people I was looking for there! (Luigi Bernava married Elisabeta Brussolo in Gruaro in 1871). Thanks again!