San Mauro Marchesato

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
joegov

San Mauro Marchesato

Post by joegov »

In my family tree there are a number of Corigliano ancestors who list their place of birth as S Mauro Marich. I have looked for this town in Italy, but have not been successful in finding it. Most of the rest of this side of the family comes from Calabria and I think it would be most reasonable for this unknown town to be there as well. I have found a San Mauro Marchesato and am wondering if this is their town. Does anyone know of a S Mauro Marich?? Could San Mauro Marchesato be the town for which I am searching? Is there a church in San Mauro Marchesato that would be a good starting point for birth or marriage records? If this is their town, is there any reason for it to be spelled differently? Thanks for any help you can provide. JOE
TerraLavoro
Elite
Elite

Re: San Mauro Marchesato

Post by TerraLavoro »

A quick look at the last name Corigliano shows approx. 61 individuals in the comune of San Mauro Marchesato today.

Ship manifests and WW 1 draft cards are often good sources of birth towns. Have you found any ancestors with those types of records available?
TerraLavoro
joegov

Post by joegov »

TerraLavoro
Thanks for you quick response to my questions. I have done some searching in both of your suggestion areas, but need to do more. What was your source for the 61 Corigliano names in San Mauro Marchesato?? Thanks for you help. JOE
TerraLavoro
Elite
Elite

Post by TerraLavoro »

Hi Joe, here is a link to the web site;

http://italia.indettaglio.it/ita/

Very helpful for searches of last names, towns, parishes etc.
TerraLavoro
TerraLavoro
Elite
Elite

Post by TerraLavoro »

Also.....are you related to the famous composer? :?
TerraLavoro
joegov

Post by joegov »

TerraLavoro
Thanks for the link to the Website..it looks very helpful...now I need to get the translator working...

I don't think I am related to that John Corigliano...however, I am related to a Giovanni Rocco Corigliano who had a great pizza place in New Rochelle, NY :)
Thanks for the help....JOE
TerraLavoro
Elite
Elite

Post by TerraLavoro »

My pleasure. Best of luck in your searching.
TerraLavoro