need help finding a town

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
patty richardson

need help finding a town

Post by patty richardson »

Hi, I have been tracing my family tree and I am stuck on a town that I cannot find on a map. I am hoping that you can help me, please.
It looks like Cicano, Italy or Cioano could you please help, I am interested in the Bruni family. Thank you
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: need help finding a town

Post by erudita74 »

patty richardson wrote:Hi, I have been tracing my family tree and I am stuck on a town that I cannot find on a map. I am hoping that you can help me, please.
It looks like Cicano, Italy or Cioano could you please help, I am interested in the Bruni family. Thank you

Possibly the town of Ceccano in the province of Frosinone.

Erudita
leej

Post by leej »

Another possibility is CICCIANO in the province of Naples, 30km northeast of Naples. Lee
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

I believe Ceccano right...
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
patty richardson

Post by patty richardson »

Thank you for y'alls help!
j_destefano

Post by j_destefano »

You might also consider Cellole in Caserta. Although, I agree with an earlier post, Cicciano is a possibility. However, Cicciano proper has no "Bruni" listed currently in the Commune. There are 4 in Cellole.

http://campania.indettaglio.it/eng/cognomi/

Usefull in finding concentrations of surnames in a given area (in this case Campagna).

Buona fortuna!
taniabruno

Post by taniabruno »

Hi Patty,

I am also looking for Bruni/Bruno (americanized) family history in Ceccano Italy. I am not sure if we are looking for the same family? I am also not totally sure that the above town is correct. What I do know is that my Bruni family immigrated to the US around 1910 and my great grandfather moved back to Italy sometime around the 1950's. He did marry and start another family, just not sure what town he resettled in.

Vincenzo Bruni is my great grandfathers name, but he changed it to James Bruno when he lived in the US.

You can email me if you feel we are looking for the same family.
taniabrn@gmail.com