NEBBIU di Cadore (BL)

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
trevisan2
Master
Master

NEBBIU di Cadore (BL)

Post by trevisan2 »

I have a line coming out of Nebbiu di Cadore, (BL), the parish records together with the records from Tai di Cadore are all mixed in with the records at Pieve di Cadore.

The Priest gave two hours to research, and passed by my table every 10 minutes to ask if I had found something.
Later I had to leave. I then asked when I asked when could come back . . .
and the priest said he did not know. These Priests often require a lot of patience.

I found my Martin Burrei son of Osvaldo, after scanning two books. Luckly in those two books, there were only two people with the first name of Martin. The writting was only one eight inch high, but written very clear.

The records at these parishes date back to the 1550's and are well organized and in the best shape I have ever seen.

The Parish of Tai di Cadore now have their own parish recored, but they only date back fifty years, and the priest there is very nice.

Regards,
Trevisan2
Researching in the provincia di Treviso, Italy, Provaglio Sopra, Val Sabbia of Brescia.
Domege di Cadore, Cavalo, Fumane, Verona

Forno di Rivara, TO, Canischio, TO
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Re: NEBBIU di Cadore (BL)

Post by JamesBianco »

My ancestors Epifanio DaVia & Filomena Burrei were from Pieve di Cadore. It is great news that the records are so well preserved!

:)
DeMaso

Post by DeMaso »

I am really interested in your Nebbiu records. Maybe you can take a look for our grandfather?

I'm researching Francesco Romano (Luigi?) De Maso. Born Nebbiu 1866, emigrated to US 1896. Married Giuseppina Del Favero in 1896. She was a Del Favero from Valle di Cadore. The Del Favero line is well documented back to the 1600's. Francesco De Maso seems to end with his birth in Nebbiu. I would appreciate any help you can provide.

Joe Blackwell
Chicago, IL
mcnicolb

Post by mcnicolb »

Is this post/forum still open? I am heading to Nebbiu in or near Pieve di Cadore in late May 2014 in search of members of the De Lorenzo family, my nonna's family. Her name was Maria (Marietta) De Lorenzo and she had two brothers who also immigrated to the US, named Silvio and Joe (Giuseppe?). They lived in Joliet, Illinois, after they arrived. Maria moved to Battle Creek, Michigan, after she was married in Joliet. If anyone knows anything about this family in Nebbiu or its surrounds, or can tell me the best place to look once we get there, I would be very grateful.
TIA
trevisan2
Master
Master

Post by trevisan2 »

What time period are you looking for? If its 1871 and forward, then you can go down to the city hall in Pieve di Cadore and they will have the records you are looking. There is a parish of Nebbiu now, but their records are very recent like the 1900's.
I have researched the Nebbiu records personally. They have a very good archive, organized, and dry records, but the Mon Senior did not give me very much time. PM me and I will give you some advice!
I just returned from a very successful Italy research trip a few days ago
I did not go to the Cadore area, because they had six feet of snow!!

The Nebbiu records are included in with the Parish records of Pieve di Cadore.
If you have any ancestors coming from Valle di Cadore, I can help you. I have the entire parish extracted into families and pedigree's. I will need name and dates to help you.

Regards,
Trevisan2
Researching in the provincia di Treviso, Italy, Provaglio Sopra, Val Sabbia of Brescia.

mcnicolb

Post by mcnicolb »

Trevisan2: Sorry I missed this reply till now. How do I PM you? I'm not very familiar with this web site, so stumble a bit.
georgeb

Post by georgeb »

I would love to hear more about what each of you found in Nebbiu di Cadore family records. I was able to go there 7 years ago, but did not know where to start in searching for family information after I found no one at the church in Nebbiu. My grandfather was from Nebbiu, Oneil (Onil) Burrei son of Valentino Burrei and Sylvia Davia. The family also contains the names Da Via/Da Vià, Da Forno, Colletti, Zoppa (or de Zoppa), and DeLorenzo

From what you've said here, these records would be found at the parish church in Valle di Cadore. Do any of you have information on these families listed above, or an online tree you would be willing to share?

George
trevisan2
Master
Master

Post by trevisan2 »

I can look up a few acts for you guys. Just send me your ancestor's names a some dates to start the research process.
I have a copy of all 7 "Anagraphe" Census books with an index from 1750-1900's that lists all of the marriages.

I just found James Bianco's Eugenio Luigi Da Via born 6 Jan 1838 together with the marriage record.
Most all of the names have "Detto" or Soprannome names.

I have the Valle di Cadore parish extracted out, and searchable for families that come from over there.

Regards,
Trevisan2