Morelli family help please

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
tiamak

Morelli family help please

Post by tiamak »

Hello first let me thank any of you who read and can possibly help add a few pieces to my puzzle.

My grandfather was Mario Morelli, he and his brothers were born in British Columbia Canada, his father was Domenic Morelli who was born somewhere in Italy around 1880. He married Angela Cassianni, and then in 1909 Domenic came first to New York and then to Vancouver British Columbia seeking work and leaving his wife and daughter in the town of Caporciano in the province of L`Aquila Italy. In 1913 Domenic went back to Italy before returning to Vancouver with his wife and daughter. Is there anyone out there who can take me back a generation or more to help me learn more about my history. Thanks
J.Morelli

Re: Morelli family help please

Post by J.Morelli »

Hello tiamak, I'm new to this forum and I signed to discover more informations about my grandfather and for my surprise I see this thread about the Morelli family.

I'm brazilian and I live in Sao Paulo, Brazil (one of the most italian cities in the planet). My grandfather was a Morelli too, so I guess we have a lot of info to share and hope other forumers can help us. My grandfather was called Nicola Morelli and was born in Italy. All I know of him is thanks my father Jose Morelli, but he died last year and I couldn't join more informations about my grandfather. There has been throught these years lots of doubts of where exactly Nicola Morelli was born in Italy. My father always said to me that when he was younger, Nicola used to tell lots of stories about the "Volcano" (so at first I imagined Nicola was born in Sicily) but then I realised there are actually 2 volcanos in Italy, one in Sicily and the other near Salerno, so what Volcano he was talking about? My father never gave me too much details of the origins of my grandfather for many reasons and I didnt ask too often about his origins, today I regret deeply for not searching more about...All we knew is - my grandfather was italian, that's all. I don't even know exactly what time he came to Brazil. My father told me once that he came to Brazil running away of World War I and here in Brazil he joined the huge italian community who has been immigrating to Brazil in large numbers since the second half of 19th century! So, I wanted to know If anyone can help me to add pieces to my puzzle too. I really want to know my history and I'd like someone to give some advices of how I can join info and find out. I really need to rescue my History, even because when I travel to Italy, I'll want to visit my grandfathers town and I dont know where is it! :cry:
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Tiamak since you know the town of origininItaly you can request most documents relating to birth,marriages and deaths there for your family.

Go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html

There is no charge for requesting documents from Italy and just include a return envelope with your address. Mail the letter(s) each separate request, tothe UFFICIO DI STATO CIVILE located under MUNICIPIO at www.tuttitalia.it/abruzzo/29-caporciano

Look to the right for the www. for the tourist site of Caporciano too. =Peter=
~Peter~
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear J Morelli please delete this message and repeat this in a separate inquiry in this forum so we can deal with your problem in locating the family town of origin in Italy which is vital to locating information about your family....Go back to your family and perhaps some oral history will gvie you a clue as to the town of origin?? (Any idea of province or region in Italy ?)

Delete this message and start over ! =Peter=
~Peter~
Sirena
Elite
Elite

Post by Sirena »

My GGM was a Morelli. She was born in San Giuliano di Puglia in the province of Molise. For such a small town, there were a lot of branches of the Morellis. You may want to check there as well.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Sirena Morelli's are beyond the beyond when it comes to location..There are more than 1780 cities, towns and villages with Morelli's living there. The Gens.labo websit is literally black! =Peter=
~Peter~
J.Morelli

Post by J.Morelli »

PeterTimber wrote:Dear J Morelli please delete this message and repeat this in a separate inquiry in this forum so we can deal with your problem in locating the family town of origin in Italy which is vital to locating information about your family....Go back to your family and perhaps some oral history will gvie you a clue as to the town of origin?? (Any idea of province or region in Italy ?)

Delete this message and start over ! =Peter=
Well, I'll actually find more info with some relatives, later I create a specific thread about it. Thanks in advance.
MorelliG

Post by MorelliG »

Came across your posting from Nov 2009 requesting information about your grandfather Mario Morelli. Interestingly enough I had family ties with a Mario Morelli and he lived in British Columbia, Canada. As the specifics of your posting have peaked my curiosity if you still wish to pursue this further please post a reply. MGD
hmmorelli

Post by hmmorelli »

Hey there not sure if your still on here but I came across your post and im trying to look for family along the same as yours and sounds like we may be related. please let me know if your still on here as its been quite a few years.