Multiple Password changes ?

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
KathyLPV
Rookie
Rookie

Multiple Password changes ?

Post by KathyLPV »

Hi all Off Topic folks,

I came on after a year, & my password didn't work. So I did the "forgot Password thingy" & was able to get in. Then I kept looking through the FAQ & posts about Passwords (very few) to find out how to reset it to what I can remember, & can't find anything that shows how to change a password. Nothing in FAQ, & only 3 posts address this topic:
1 says Members can change - just don't contact the admin, unless you forgot.
2 says go to "my account" & then to "my registration details" - I can find neither on any page!
3 says go to the main menu in the column on the left side of the page, under category ,,, to the admin … Edmondo … a complete contradiction of the first post !?!

& since then, I've just received 2 more E-mails - each with a "new unrequested & relatable passwords" - which I didn't request! I did not type any info in the spaces to send me a new one, I just went to those pages, to look for a way to change the one given via the first E-mail!
What's up doc? mille grazie a tutto!
ITA: Palermo Bagheria MAGGIORE, FICANO, Lo PINTO; Otranto Napoli GRASSI, SERGIO, PACILEO, VERDOLINI [VERDOLVIA]; Prato VIGNOLINI, BINI; Pessaro PALAZZI; ACQUISTA, ARCANGELO; IRE BEATTIE; PRUSIA SCHULSKY; HOFF, MAMMELSDORF; NIX, GIESEN; HAUSER, ACKERMAN
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Multiple Password changes ?

Post by liviomoreno »

On the toolbar (top of this page), click Controlpanel and select User Control Panel
Select the Profile tab
Click on Edit Account settings (on the left)
KathyLPV
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KathyLPV »

liviomoreno wrote:On the toolbar (top of this page), click Controlpanel and select User Control Panel
Select the Profile tab
Click on Edit Account settings (on the left)
Thanks, Liviomoreno,
But nothing like that - was above the forum page. I had to go to back to "my page." AGUH! New password was finally accepted . . .
> But, AGUH ! When I put in my E-mail address, it went back to my "user name" afterwards !?! Wha?

> & what about those "unrequested" E-mails for new passwords? Just because you go to various pages, including the "forgot password" page - but don't send a request, means you automatically get a new one via E-mail? So, I ignored all later ones.

PS. I'm not & no longer a newbie. I found this site in 2010, I just don't post here often . . . But I've been doing research off line since 1884, & on line since 1996. ; > }
ITA: Palermo Bagheria MAGGIORE, FICANO, Lo PINTO; Otranto Napoli GRASSI, SERGIO, PACILEO, VERDOLINI [VERDOLVIA]; Prato VIGNOLINI, BINI; Pessaro PALAZZI; ACQUISTA, ARCANGELO; IRE BEATTIE; PRUSIA SCHULSKY; HOFF, MAMMELSDORF; NIX, GIESEN; HAUSER, ACKERMAN
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Dob't you see this in your page?
KathyLPV
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KathyLPV »

Hmm. Weird! It certainly wasn't there when I came in before, now it is - after IT records extraction!
Oh well.