Search found 53 matches

by howars01
21 Apr 2013, 11:19
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Please can you help me translate this Cenus?
Replies: 7
Views: 2116

Re: Please can you help me translate this Cenus?

Hello Livio I am attaching lightened and darkened versions of the census to try to make it easier to read. Many thanks for offering to have another go! Susan I am trying to upload with postimage.org but it is saying "invalid file" - I have saved the pages as PDF so I don't understand why t...
by howars01
21 Apr 2013, 10:28

It's a little difficult to get a better picture as the document is very dark on the first page but too faint on the second page, but I could perhaps provide two versions - lightened and darkened for each page.

Susan
by howars01
21 Apr 2013, 09:05

Hello Livio

Thank you very much for translating this part of the census - I'm grateful to anyone who can just provide the odd word here or there!

Susan
by howars01
20 Apr 2013, 14:25

Please can you help me translate this Cenus?

I have a two-page Census document that I am attempting to translate and I have a few words (in red type) that I cannot read. Would anyone be able to help with this please? I attach the original document and my two pages of translation. Thank you. Susan http://postimg.org/image/59loi21th/ http://post...
by howars01
20 Apr 2013, 13:32
Topic: Help with translating Italian census please
Replies: 2
Views: 992

Help with translating Italian census please

I have a two page census document that I have attempted to translate. However, there are a few words I cannot read and I wondered if anyone would be kind enough to help me translate them. I am attempting to attach the files but keep getting an error message that the extension docx or doc is not allo...
by howars01
27 Mar 2013, 23:15
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Uploading Photos
Views: 1033

Re: Uploading Photos

Hello Marty

I think they have gone on successfully.

Once again, thank you so much for your help.

Regards

Susan
by howars01
27 Mar 2013, 23:15
Topic: Translation of Grilli family census documents please
Replies: 0
Views: 716

Translation of Grilli family census documents please

Grilli census(2).jpg Grilli census(1).jpg Italysearcher (Ann) obtained copies of four census pages for the Grilli family from Villa Latina for me and kindly translated part of one document for me. As she is very busy with her research work, I wondered if someone on this forum could help me translat...
by howars01
27 Mar 2013, 20:25
Topic: Uploading Photos
Views: 1033

Uploading Photos

I am trying to attach two photos to my post but I keep getting a message saying the extension docx is not allowed. I re-saved them at Word 97-2003 and a message came up saying the file extension dot is not allowed. I then tried to upload them via postimage.org but a message came up on that saying &q...
by howars01
14 Mar 2013, 22:39
Topic: Villa Latina tombstone photos
Replies: 11
Views: 4167

Re: Villa Latina tombstone photos

Ann I read your article and can hardly believe what goes on regarding moving remains from place to place. I had always thought that Italians would revere their ancestors - I didn't realise that it all comes down to money (or lack of). This information is invaluable for anyone going to Italy to resea...
by howars01
12 Mar 2013, 20:22

Hello Ann

Thank you for letting me know that - I had no idea!!

I'll just say that I am willing to forward any photos if anyone has any requests!!

Susan
by howars01
12 Mar 2013, 12:02

The name of the website is: www.abruzzoheritage.com

Please let me know if you would like to borrow my log-in details to view any graves or look any up for you.

Susan
by howars01
12 Mar 2013, 08:07

Hello Jamie

Unfortunately no Leonardo or Leonarda there. There are four Capaldi's - Antoniamaria, Concetta, Giacinta and Bambina (what a lovely name!).

There are loads of Pacitti's, Franchi's, Panetta's and Valente's if those are in your family tree.

Susan
by howars01
10 Mar 2013, 23:07

Villa Latina tombstone photos

If anyone is researching their ancestors in Villa Latina I have now subscribed to a website where I can look at photos of over 500 gravestone photos and download them. If you have any names you would like me to look up for you please contact me.

Susan