Search found 51 matches

by dvaccaro
22 Sep 2011, 15:55
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Manhattan Trade School records
Replies: 1
Views: 1006

Manhattan Trade School records

i didn't find any connections to my family in the list, but perhaps you will. there are a lot of italians!

either way, this is a fascinating project and article worth sharing...

http://www.slate.com/id/2301449/

and here's the list of names: http://www.slate.com/id/2302770/
by dvaccaro
19 Aug 2011, 16:50
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Google News Archive R.I.P.
Replies: 5
Views: 3174

Re: Google News Archive R.I.P.

UPDATE: still no 'advanced search' page available, but satisfactory results can be obtained using this format in the search bar "keyword/name" source:"partial paper name"...

just passing the info along.
by dvaccaro
18 Aug 2011, 05:01

Re: Google News Archive R.I.P.

yes squigy, that that search field DOES work, and can be of some use, but just yesterday i was using the "advanced search" page and finding oodles more than with this one. as of this morning, my "advanced search" page bookmark now immediately forwards directly to http://www.googl...
by dvaccaro
17 Aug 2011, 23:53

Google News Archive R.I.P.

as of today, August 17, 2011, Google has disabled their News Archive search. not sure how many of you used this amazing historic newspaper resource, but i am crushed. they announced a while back that they would be discontinuing additions to the newspaper image database, but why they would eliminate ...
by dvaccaro
11 Nov 2010, 19:20
Topic: quick footnote lookup, per favore
Replies: 2
Views: 2293

quick footnote lookup, per favore

can someone please check an image for me? it is in Footnote.com's "Massachusetts Vital Records Index 1841-1895" i am looking for the listing under the name of "Petiney" which appears to be in the Index of Births (Date Range: 1891-1895). i am interested in knowing anything that is...
by dvaccaro
29 May 2009, 16:10
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Italians in Kansas City
Views: 10462

Re: Italians in Kansas City

i know there were a good number of italians from Santa Ninfa, Sicily who passed through or ended up in Kansas City, MO.
by dvaccaro
28 Apr 2009, 18:01
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: birth record help
Replies: 3
Views: 3949

birth record help

can someone help translate this birth record for me? there are some confusing elements in here... i believe it to be the birth record for Giuseppe Spina - parents were Biagio Spina and Maria Angela LaSala. this family was from Santa Ninfa, Sicily and the record was found in the Santa Ninfa town reco...
by dvaccaro
24 Mar 2009, 00:14
Topic: Help Me
Replies: 31
Views: 33761

Re: Help Me

now you've got me thinking about this.

it is also possible, i suppose, that the family left Italy for Brazil AFTER 1902... although if it were after 1903, Giuseppe could not have been with them.
by dvaccaro
23 Mar 2009, 23:59

Peter- unfortunately, i do not understand Portugese. i couldn't find the family's arrival either (one source). i am not certain of the year they may have arrived in Brazil, but it would have most likely been between 1894-1902. my great-grandfather, Giuseppe COSENTINO (b. 15 Aug 1884), would have als...
by dvaccaro
23 Mar 2009, 22:04

Peter- earlier in the thread it was mentioned that the SANTARSERI family went from San Nicola to Brazil to America. the italian/brazilian family i would be interested in (and would welcome any help on) is COSENTINO (not CONGIUSTI). the family of Gregorio COSENTINO (b. 8 May 1856) and his wife, Rosam...
by dvaccaro
23 Mar 2009, 20:19

is this Congiusti thread still alive? i have access to the records from San Nicola da Crissa on microfilm if anyone would like me to take the lines back a little further... i can try to connect them to my Congiusti ancestors in San Nicola (early 1700s). looks like the father of Bruno Congiusti Sr wa...
by dvaccaro
18 Sep 2008, 14:27
Topic: Italian Cemeteries Question
Replies: 7
Views: 6355

Re: Italian Cemeteries Question

while visiting my small ancestral town in Sicily, it was a local police officer who showed us around and took us to the cemetery where many photos were taken. some photos even included the police officer and cemetery caretaker.
by dvaccaro
10 Jul 2008, 21:01
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: back of old photo -- help!
Views: 7210

Re: back of old photo -- help!

looks like "testa" at the end to me too.

and now i see "tanti saluti" (many greetings). what do the three words following "tanti saluti" look like?

anyone?