Search found 47 matches

by mozzie
23 Jun 2010, 05:52
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Manifests from USA to Italy
Replies: 4
Views: 3358

Re: Manifests from USA to Italy

Confirming the short answer for the period 1900 - 1925 - No. I do not know of any records kept for other periods of time either. You would have to contact the relavent Port of arrival and see if they kept historical documents. What worked for me was Church records, if there were children involved, s...
by mozzie
23 Jun 2010, 05:48
Topic: Vincenzo v Charles
Replies: 2
Views: 2669

Re: Vincenzo v Charles

I think it could be a local idiom, I have a Giuseppe that was called Charlie (Charles) in my family. Most of the other names were changed to their english form eg. Vittorio - Victor, there was one example however that stands out an Enrico was known as Harry. None of these individuals had middle name...
by mozzie
15 Jun 2010, 05:16
Topic: FERLAZZO family Gioisa Marea Messina Sicily
Replies: 6
Views: 6754

Re: FERLAZZO family Gioisa Marea Messina Sicily

Welcome to the forum. There are many Ferlazzo's mentioned in both Ellis Island and Ancestory, This appears to be a close match, is this your Nicolas and Maria? You have saved this record to My Ancestry (Shoebox). 1910 United States Federal Census about Nicholas Ferlazzo Name: Nicholas Ferlazzo [Nich...
by mozzie
03 Jun 2010, 21:36
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Gradisca Burials
Views: 5282

Re: Gradisca Burials

I will try them. Thanks.

David
by mozzie
02 Jun 2010, 22:34
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Italian POWs during WWI
Replies: 7
Views: 14968

Re: Italian POWs during WWI

I have searched far and wide for sites containing this information, to no avail. I appears that the ICRC sites are the only way to find information.

Be patient as getting even a simple reply takes months.

David
by mozzie
02 Jun 2010, 22:26

Re: Gradisca Burials

Thanks for that, I did mean Isonzo.

I was hoping there was an online resource that allowed searching of graveyards.

David
by mozzie
01 Jun 2010, 07:42

Gradisca Burials

Can anybody advise me how to search for Burial and or Cremation records in the Gradisca area?. I have discovered that my aunt returned there after her divorce from her husband and lived in the Gradisca area for a period of time prior to her death. Her first name is either Ivanna or Giovanna (I knew ...
by mozzie
29 May 2010, 02:03
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Merchnt Navy
Replies: 5
Views: 5020

Re: Merchnt Navy

They did that quite often in Australia, I can't think of any reason why they would not do that in other countries, possibly to escape hardship, adventure etc.

David
by mozzie
12 May 2010, 02:08
Topic: Do you know what the Marandos Band is? Photo help
Replies: 5
Views: 3693

Re: Do you know what the Marandos Band is? Photo help

Hi Lisa,

Try uploading the photo to a site such as imageshack.com or photobucket and post the link

David
by mozzie
03 May 2010, 05:02
Topic: lena chiodo
Replies: 11
Views: 7324

Re: lena chiodo

Is this her?

Social Security Death Index
about Lena Montesano
Name: Lena Montesano
SSN: 493-12-0630
Last Residence: 64124 Kansas City, Jackson, Missouri, United States of America
Born: 9 May 1899
Died: Jul 1982
State (Year) SSN issued: Missouri (Before 1951)

David
by mozzie
03 May 2010, 04:32
Topic: lena chiodo
Replies: 11
Views: 7324

Re: lena chiodo

Could this be her? 1920 US Census Name: Lena Chiodo Home in 1920: Mamaroneck, Westchester, New York Age: 24 Estimated birth year: abt 1896 Birthplace: Italy Relation to Head of House: Wife Spouse's name: James Father's Birth Place: Italy Mother's Birth Place: Italy Marital Status: Married Race: Whit...
by mozzie
29 Apr 2010, 23:31
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Border changes after WWII
Views: 5177

Re: Border changes after WWII

I have just been through this too, fortunately I did not need actual birth certificates, just records. As I do not speak Slovenian and only a limited amount of Italian, I hired a Croatian Geneologist to search Parish records in Kamnje and Skrilje, they are very good and gave a lot of leads which fin...
by mozzie
29 Apr 2010, 05:32
Topic: Advice on Prof Genealogy Service in Argentina
Views: 2933

Re: Advice on Prof Genealogy Service in Argentina

Hi Liliana, About 6 weeks ago I was in a similar situation to you, except I was sending a comparable amount of money to Crotia for some Slovenian research. The results were fantastic, they exceded my expectations. (The areas in Slovenia that some of my relatives came from were for some time part of ...
by mozzie
30 Mar 2010, 05:25
Topic: Baptism Records
Views: 3970

Baptism Records

I am just about to apply to the Catholic Diocese in Cleveland Ohio for the Baptism records of my Aunts and Uncles (circa 1915-1924) to see if I can glean anymore information for my Family Tree. Has anybody tried this before?. Is it a worthwile exercise?

David
by mozzie
30 Mar 2010, 05:15
Topic: Does this annoy anyone else?
Replies: 93
Views: 61196

Re: Does this annoy anyone else?

On the Jack Thompson edition of the show it was revealed he had a convict ancestor - upon learning this he replied "Australian aristocracy".