Search found 4 matches

by policiaboy
11 May 2012, 19:25
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Puleo/Carrao family from Sciacca Sicily to Manhattan NY
Replies: 27
Views: 11962

Re: Puleo/Carrao family from Sciacca Sicily to Manhattan NY

Hi Rita, I would need to know a little bit more information. There are several Corrao families who came from Sciacca. I do not recall hearing the name Ruffo. If you have the surnames Pedicano or Botta in your family then you could be related to us. Our Corraos lived at 85 Elizabeth St in Manhattan i...
by policiaboy
27 Oct 2011, 00:42

Hello My grandmother was Betty (Vita) Colletti who lived in Elizabeth. Her husband was Felice (Phil) Orazi. My grandmother's father was Benedetto Colletti, mother was Accursia (Gussie or Susan) Corrao. Accursia had a sister named Josephine (Guiseppea) who 1st married a Vincenzo Maniscalco, then a Er...
by policiaboy
03 Jan 2011, 00:44

I am decended from Anna Corrao who emmigrated to Elizabeth New Jersey, but for a while she was living on Elizabeth Street in New York City with her Sister Giuseppa Peddicano, who was originally married to Vincenzo Maniscalco, all from Sciacca. In Elizabeth they knew the Puleo's, and i was told we ar...
by policiaboy
06 Aug 2010, 20:12

If Giuseppe Carrao is Anna's brother and didnt arrive until 1914 in the US then that cannot be the correct Anna that arrived in 1905 and is listed as going to her brother Giuseppe's home on Elizabeth Street in Manhattan. Am I understanding the information correctly? I know that Anna and Salvatore l...